• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Is anyone using WCB4x4 long radius arms? Need a few questions answered

mofoco1

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Clovis, CA
MY brother in law is purchasing a set of WCB long arms. Those that have bought them I need a little insight on them.
1) Pretty sure by EB and BB arms are the same length. correct me if wrong here.
2) I think I read when the site was up, that they fit either EB or BB
3) The shock mounting is if I am not mistaken a bit different on them both, and if so, are there going to be 2 part numbers due to that?

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
EB, BB and F150 radius arms are all the same lengths...same forgings in fact, with the only differences that I'm aware of being the tapped hole size for the lower coil cups, tabs for shock mounts and drilled holes for sway bar options. My '77 F150 and '77 EB arms are identical except for the lower coil cup holes.

yakelys69

Their site had 2 different part numbers 10093 for 66-77 and 10096 for 78/79. I would guess that the mount to the frame in the kit might be the difference. Im sure someone with experience on those will chime in.

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
I know WCB make two different length radius arms. 6" and 12" (not sure on exact length), either length will fit an EB.

Mark

OP
OP
mofoco1

mofoco1

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Clovis, CA
Actually he is installing on a 70 f100 that was transplanted onto a 79 f150 shortbed frame. We have to move the rear leaf mounts 2" forward so its centered in the wheel opening as the frame and bed is 2" short on the pre 73 trucks. Its a tribute build to his dad who was the original owner when it was a 2wd, and then my bro in laws high school and college transport. He found it and bought it back after selling it 25 yrs ago. Crazy cause the guy that he bought it back from, also now owns my 95 PSD Centurion I use to own 8 yrs back. I helped him build his 69 EB, but he had someone else fini9sh it. He was not happy with how it turned out or the raping he took from the 4x4 shop. He has been overly generous in helping my family and I over the years, so I told him i would spearhead this build for him so he isn't taken advantage again. Since he doesn't plan to jump the truck like the POs, he wants it trailworthy but mostly a super clean well built rig. The arms are a bit of bling and if he chooses a solid foundation for some CO's like he was thinking down the road. I had figured they were the same except for cup bolt spacing, but I guess we can have new cups filled and redrilled if need be. Thanks Guys....Mo

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
OP
OP
mofoco1

mofoco1

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Clovis, CA
Thought about that, but figure get the stocks filled and redrilled to mock up, if he chooses to go CO's I am going to have my buddy machine some billet lower mounts with bigger bolts holes retapped and some F911s installed, just to overbuild ; ) Have always been surprised, no astounded that these 2 little bolts do not just get extracted forcibly with the type of punishment they endure.