• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Is it just me............?

I've got my 77 Bronco and a 65 Mustang Coupe and 66 Fastback. Bottom line, lots of projects to keep me busy. I don't want to sell anything - ever. In fact I just want more and more.

Question: Am I being greedy, or should I just be happy with what I have??

Also, does anyone ever get that feeling due to (insert your line of reasoning here) of "F**k it, I'm seeling the Bronco!!"

Just curious,

signed, Insane

:-X

Last edited:

RajinCajun

Bronco Guru
Loc.
HawleyTX, La orig.
For me, I would be driving my Bronco to work and my wife would be driving my 69 Coupe with my kids in it.. They would be the last vehicles at my place... I can always get another van or Excursion..but a 70 Bronco, or a 69 Stang with a facotry 351 and disc brakes are hard to come across....

commonlaw

Loc.
Seattle
I started to get out of hand with the number of projects I wanted to take on and then finally realized that I would never be close to satisfied with any of them unless I got rid of a couple and used my time more effectively (like the old saying, if you love something let it go).

I have had the nagging question of whether to sell the EB but I always realize that that is CRAZY talk. Good luck

daddyg

Bronco Parts Collector
Loc.
Toney,AL
Yes you are being too greedy. So I will take that 66 fastback off your hands so you can feel better about yourself. ;D Man I love those cars. Hopefully one day I will have one too.

You just have to realize what you can do. I kept my Bronco sitting for several years while I was concentrating on my family. Now I am able to spend time on it again and I am loving it.

Also I have a hard time selling the things I collect so I can relate.

seventy-seven

1977 said:
Also, does anyone ever get that feeling due to (insert your line of reasoning here) of "F**k it, I'm seeling the Bronco!!"

Yeah, due to school and not having the time I have been on the cusp of selling mine for the last year or so. But, I decided I'll just have to study harder and keep the bronco to use for "stress relief" when I can afford to make improvements.

I bought it right after my wife and I started dating, so I can't really get rid of it. She likes it almost as much as I do!

-JC

DBrown

Loc.
Bowling Green, KY
I know this feeling also:

71 Bronco
64 Falcon
76 F100 (DD/tow rig)

as some as I get the EB on the road I am going to try to talk the wife into getting rid of the F100 so I can spend more time on the Falcon.

ghost66

Bronco Guru
Greed is an excessive desire to own more than one needs or deserve's.
Do you need all of your toys-YES
Do you deserve all of your toys-YES
Do you deserve more-YES
Case closed

1977 said:
I've got my 77 Bronco and a 65 Mustang Coue and 66 Fastback. Bottom line, lots of projects to keep me busy. I don't want to sell anything - ever. In fact I just want more and more.

Question: Am I being greedy, or should I just be happy with what I have??

Just curious,

signed, Insane

:-X

brixter

Loc.
Tuolumne CA
oh man , I almost bought a 65 lincoln continental the other day for 1800.00 bucks . 460 big block suicide rear doors and just plain badass pimp ride ! Then reality struck me when I looked at my Bronco and thought about all the work that still needs to be done to it and how far 1800.00 bucks would go to getting it to where I want it . I had to walk away from it and it sold yesterday .....may be next time ??

Coob

Loc.
Houston, Tx
Wow - I can totally understand what you are saying. I have been working on my '77 for 2 years now and there were times that I was asking folks if they wanted to buy it. I'm spending money on this thing when it could go toward retirement. Am I being selfish.. No......

Then suddenly I realized that working on my Bronco was like stress relief from work. A long hard week at work with boss nagging on my back like a monkey on crack, and the wife asking when that damn thing is going to be finished is a faint memory when I see my '77. I just keep thinking of the day I crank that new engine up for the first time.

I guess everyone has their own reasons for the obsession. Mine is stress relief and total obsession of the Early Bronco.

texashcane

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Argyle, TX
I just accepted a job 800+ miles away. I sold the 1974 EB today. The 95 bronco is next and I'm probably going to sell the 70 Half Cab also. I'm keeping both 68 EB's and my F350. It hurts, but I can't relocate with all of it. Cry a tear for me.

broncomanbrad

Loc.
Roseau, MN
I think you are being very greedy and should probably give me the fastback. Seriously though. I plan on getting a Stang once my Bronco is done and I have enough money.

Coob

Loc.
Houston, Tx
texashcane said:
I just accepted a job 800+ miles away. I sold the 1974 EB today. The 95 bronco is next and I'm probably going to sell the 70 Half Cab also. I'm keeping both 68 EB's and my F350. It hurts, but I can't relocate with all of it. Cry a tear for me.

Details??

mudstud

Contributor
Bronco Bonehead
Loc.
Excel
You could be very old when the Bronco is finished. Just when I think I am through I see someone else's rig get an idea or see some new improvement to try. That is what feeds the obsession.

OP
OP

Mrs. Insane

My poor husband! This is the MRS here. OK, so the 65 Stang is MINE and it is almost done, it just requires a little tweak now and again. About the 77 bronco, he wanted that thing for 5 years and now is pissing and moaning because he wants to work on it all the time and unfortunately he is active duty military and that takes up most his time along with our 3 brats. We have curbed our jaunts to the Oceano Dunes because he always sees a bronco that is done up better and then he wants to change something on ours! I WILL NOT let him get rid of it even though he threatens 10 times a day and i will not let him get rid of the fastback either as he wanted one for 15 years! I keep telling him to chin up and the time will come when the kids are older and he is 6 years out from military retirement and life will be normal again. I love checking in on the chats! You guys are awesome.

dougyounger

Contributor
I have a love/hate relationship with my '77 for 13 years now. There are times when I feel like I should get rid of it. But then I get it out for a drive and convince myself that I will have it until it dies and cannot be fixed.

I wish I had the time/tools/money/ability to get mine fixed up as nice as those I see posted on this site. Gotta keep playing the lottery for now I guess.

I do have a standing offer to buy mine though. The offer started at $250 but is now up to $350 plus a six-pack and two cheeseburgers from a local greasy-spoon drive-in. Granted, mine isn't anything special, but I think I can do better than this.

Doug

roundhouse

Bronco Guru
Atlanta, 30 days. Not sure what part of Georgia I'll end up in. That's about it for now

Stay north of I-20 in GA and you'll be OK
If in metro Atlanta, Smyrna is the nicest/cheapest burb.

Grover

Loc.
luhavull
I live about 60 miles north of Atlanta straight up 75. You can store your broncs at my place, my neighbors love to see me bring in more old cars. I have a 65 mustang coupe, 65 mustang fastback, 66 mustang coupe, 66 shelby 350GT, 72 chevy chevelle, 74 IH travelall, 76 Bronco, and then my wife and I both have our DD. So I don't think there is a a problem with greed, I do have a lot of projects that need attending.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
My first car was a 1964-1/2 Mustang that I bought when I was 19 with money I made working nights and weekends at Little Caesars Pizza in high school. I've now had that car for more than ten years, and it has never been as restored as I'd like it to be. Somehow over the years I've ended up with my '69 Bronco and a '67 Mustang Fastback that is just a rolling chassis at this point to add to the original Mustang project. I've thought many times over the years that I could sell all of them and have just my daily driver to park in the garage and not have to deal with greasy bloody knuckles anymore. But then after a couple of days of frustration, I look at my rolling heeps and see the future beauty in them and know that at some pont before I die, all of them will be fully restored. I've been doing the body work on the '64-1/2 Mustang during evening classes at the local community collge for the last three years, and really feel like it will be finished within the next two semesters. While it has been a long time coming, I know that once it is painted and rolls down the street for the first time, all of the frustrations will be worth it to be able to tell people I did it myself, this is my hobby, and my labor of love. I think most of us here have had these frustrations, but know we could never bring ourselves to go through with selling one of out beloved wrecks :)

KJHill

Contributor
Loc.
Central WA
I've thought a few times that it would be alot easier to just sell the Bronco & buy a little sports car or another 68 Camaro SS (like I used to have :-X ). But then I'd go on a nice trail drive like you see here & I'd be right back at being in love with the Bronco

Attachments

• Scouting 9-11-05.JPG
    Scouting 9-11-05.JPG
    119.7 KB · Views: 10