• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Is My Bronco Stock Height?

MerganserMaster

Ok, I understand it has 31x10.5 r15s on it so the vehicle itself is a bit higher off the ground, but I'm wondering if my Bronco is lifted at all? There just seems to be a bit more space than there should be between the wheels and fenders. This picture is a bit blurry but the tape measure reads approximately 20" ( I assume this is the way to determine if it is lifted at all or not). I was told that one of the previous owners used it for some kind of off-roading sport/hobby (hence the non-stock tires and rims) so I'm wondering if this is also something that was changed.

https://flic.kr/p/2q1PKds

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Easiest way to determine a suspension lift is to measure between the top of the axle tubes and the bottom of the frame rails.
The distance in the front would be approximately 7 inches stock, while the distance in the rear would be approximately 6 inches if still stock.

For a body lift, measure the insulators between the body and the frame mounts.
Stock are rubber and 3/4 of an inch tall. Aftermarket are polyurethane, often with ridges around the center, but are available in stock height, and 1 inch lift.
Any additional block in addition to the insulator, is a body lift.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
And Broncos did sit at different heights from the factory, depending upon suspension options. Also a hardtop option.
Pickup and a roadster typically sat higher in the rear than a wagon with the full hardtop.