• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Is this a fair swap? 1 slot for 2?

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Alright I recently acquired a set of 3 15x8.5 slots and found a guy that deals a lot of them that had a pair that would match. I had a single 15x10 that was recently polished that he was interested in that I offered up as a trade, apparently he thought it was a poor offer and responded back pretty rude. Just wanted some opinions. I figured mine was 15x10 AND polished, his were nothing special 15x8.5's that are good but will need some work.

Itsa67

Contributor
Seems a fair enough trade depending on needs/wants. Even if he wasn't into the trade there's no need to be rude...lifes to short for that garbage.

mr incredible

Bronco Guru
where's he at ? knuckles and i will go strip em down , and boil his junk in motor oil till he see's it your way !!!

OP
OP
Tito

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
HAhaha, I know you and the Sasquatch are rearing to go ;D ;D
We'll get you some action here one of these days ;D

mr incredible

Bronco Guru
HAhaha, I know you and the Sasquatch are rearing to go ;D ;D
We'll get you some action here one of these days ;D

doesnt everyone who is a bronco parts horder/ dealer ,,, have their own hit squad? kinda like , dont mess with the family ?

OP
OP
Tito

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Spoken like a true Bronco Hazard member ;D ;D
I shot him back and just asked him what he wanted for the pair, I'd just sell the 15x10 separate to recoup costs, apparently he really wasnt interested in it.

cobralee

Loc.
Northwestern OK
Doesn't seem like a bad trade to me. Considering the fact that he was crappy about you offer I wouldn't bother with him again even if he did decide he would take you up on the deal.

fordtrucks4ever

Bronco Guru
Loc.
DFW
I have 5 15X8.5 not being used. Send a pic of yours and will see if these match. Maybe I could part with one.

OP
OP
Tito

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Here are the pics of the 15x8.5's (BS seems to measure ~ 3 1/8? center is 4 1/8") and then 1 of the 15x10 (3.5 BS) small center bore for comparison and possibly for sale...The ones he had were basically the same as mine but had a small center bore and were drilled for ford caps %)

Attachments

• IMG00110.jpg
    IMG00110.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG00111.jpg
    IMG00111.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG00112.jpg
    IMG00112.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG00113.jpg
    IMG00113.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG00115.jpg
    IMG00115.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG00116.jpg
    IMG00116.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG00117.jpg
    IMG00117.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG00118.jpg
    IMG00118.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG00122.jpg
    IMG00122.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 3

fordtrucks4ever

Bronco Guru
Loc.
DFW
I have three one one and two of another. Look the same but minor differences. If the three I have match yours, I might be able to part with one. I had them listed for sale last year, and several people were interested, but I never got around to removing off my `55 F100. Thye are off now and just taking up space.

Just went out to check wheels in the dark. The three I have are step recessed(counterbored) for lugnut washers. The other pair are flush. So maybe have an extra matching yours. Other problem is removing the old tire. I have both old and new style pneumatic tire changers in my private workshop. But these wheels are the hardest I have ever seen to remove tires from without damaging the lip. They have a very healthy bead locking ring and not much drop for the tire to easily be dismounted.

Here is a pic of one.

2550743_40_full.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tito

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Looks like its a different dish. Would work for a pair as I have run different BS/Dish front to rear before. What are you wanting for a pair if willing to sell so?

fordtrucks4ever

Bronco Guru
Loc.
DFW
I will get some measurements in the daylight. Your wheels are a lot newer than these. Looks like they have dropped centers much closer to outer lip than mine do. Thats what makes these so hard to dismount tires. Its not nearly as hard to mount them tho. I have one pair of American Racing wheels that look almost like these. Unless they are side by side, its very difficult to tell any difference. Then the three of the ones like in pic. Until I removed from truck didnt realize they were different. The three wheels are about 40+ years old. The pair are sometime newer.

Hoppy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Gresham, OR
doesnt everyone who is a bronco parts horder/ dealer ,,, have their own hit squad? kinda like , dont mess with the family ?

so the monthly dinners are kinda like the mofia family meetings
westcoast style

So do I need to send a drop box full of left over tacos to this guys front lawn

I have about 10yards of it and the sun is out (kinda not so normal in the NW)