• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Its been awhile...looking for help in VA

meathead333

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Alexandria, VA
Well I havent been on here in a while...a long while. My EB hasnt really moved in the last year. Ive been very busy working(traveling 2-3 weeks a month) and just havent had the time to do much of anything. Between getting divorced, going to school and the Army, my bronco has gotten no attention. Id like to change that.

I am wondering if there is anyone out there that might be interested in taking my EB home and doing some work on it...obviously being paid for their time and effort.

I know some people will say to just have a work party or what not, but I seriously dont have the time and space. It would be much easier if I could just pay someone to do some of the major work to get me running again.

I live in Alexandria, VA...near Fort Belvoir. My EB needs some serious engine attention. Probably more than a tune up. I am maybe thinking of an engine swap...maybe. I also would like to maybe have some rust spots taken care of, and maybe some brake and steering work done.

If anyone is interested or knows someone who might be interested, please contact me. I am in no real hurry, so it could be something where someone works on it for a few months on the weekends. I am looking for someone who will do good work...

I look forward to going for some relaxing rides with the top off in the summer!

Thanks!;D
Andrew Benedict aka meathead333

andrew.r.benedict@gmail.com

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Andrew,

I'm getting my new shop finished right now and have a few body off restos to help my dad and buddy do and one for a customer lined up as well, but I do hope to be selectively taking on some projects of a bit smaller scope like this this later this year that I work on in between helping/doing the others.

If you can wait, I would like to get more details on what exactly you'd like to have done and what you have to work with as far the the Bronco and the budget you have in mind.

PM me or email me at drew@earlybroncos.com of you're interested and I can send you some examples of my work.

Thanks,
Drew

firemanbuttsy

Loc.
Northern VA
I could help with the motor and mechanical stuff but a body man I am far from. I work as the fleet manager for a large landscape company and my shop is in Sterling/Dulles.
Kevin

horsewpt69

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Industry, Pa
Glad you saw this Drew, I was going to suggest he contact you about this, you just beat me to the punch. Andrew, you couldn't ask for a better guy to work on your rig. Drew does excellent work and I'm sure would make you very happy with the results.;D

OP
OP
meathead333

meathead333

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Alexandria, VA
thanks for the replies....I have talked to all people who have offered to help. Time will tell what happens next, I am in no big hurry.;D

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Glad you saw this Drew, I was going to suggest he contact you about this, you just beat me to the punch. Andrew, you couldn't ask for a better guy to work on your rig. Drew does excellent work and I'm sure would make you very happy with the results.;D

Thanks for the kind words Jeff.

You need to plan to come out to my place in July for the MEB Pig/Corn Roast & Tech Weekend so you can check out my new shop. We're planning on getting some members to have a mini "Monster Garage/Overhaulin" type working party to help on a fellow members rig.

I think we're going to be helping a member who has been a member since 2000 and STILL does not have his rig done! He's close and I hope we can push him over the edge to completion! He's also a CB member, but I will let him remain anonymous for now! ;D

grauerfam

Loc.
Owings Mills,MD
I think we're going to be helping a member who has been a member since 2000 and STILL does not have his rig done! He's close and I hope we can push him over the edge to completion! He's also a CB member, but I will let him remain anonymous for now! ;D[/QUOTE]

I know a few who could fit that profile! Hope it's who I'm thinking it is.

Broncitis

MEB Founder
PM me who you think it is and I will tell you if you're right.

I'll give you a clue, he is from your state, but is less than 6 foot tall. ;D