• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

J**P Column???

HuskyRider

Loc.
Roseville, Ca
I know it's a bad combo but its all I have :cry: Drive home today it wouldn't turn left very easy..The po. did some creative fab work installing the 150 box..The lower bearing came apart and a clamp was rubbing on the bottom of the column. I have a nice CJ column left over from a flat fender project, just need a lower shaft built..Anyone do such a swap? Any idea where to get a splined coupler for the column? Anyway the Bronco drives like a new rig when it steers..;D

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
I'd think one of the bronco house would have a u-joint that would do ....
they come 13/16 3/4 D AND DD splined one end lots of different possibility's
if not then a trip to the wrecking yard ...

OP
OP
H

HuskyRider

Loc.
Roseville, Ca
Thanks, maybe I'll just pick up a transplant from the wrecking yard instead of modifing the cj..Any good Ford column swap canidates??

TonyPDX

Contributor
You could fix you column very easily by just replacing the lower bearing.... As for a good swap candidate, you can use a 70's-early 80's van column and get tilt as well, if you can find one....

Tony