• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

James Duff Headers and Exhaust System

mbroadbridge

Guys,
I am looking at buying a full exhaust system including headers from James Duff. Can anyone give me any downside to what they offer? My Bronco is all stock with a 3.5" suspension lift.

Thanks
Mark

travis77

Loc.
Pasadena MD
I literally just got that exact setup. If I had to do it again, i'd just install the headers and have an exhaust shop run custom pipes. I would have saved so much time and money.

Dan's73

Bronco Guru
I went with their system on mine, initially: the long tube headers & exhaust. I ended up taking it to a local exhaust shop to put in some better mufflers & "tighten up" the pipes. There was nothing wrong with the Duff system per se, but I didn't like how some of it fit & hung down. Of course that was 10 years or so ago so their system might be different now.

OP
OP
mbroadbridge

mbroadbridge

Thanks for the feedback. I was looking at getting the Flowmaster kit they have with the ceramic coated headers. It is such a tough call when you can't see one installed. Has anybody ever used Headman headers? They have been around forever..

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
hedman's fit awesome and are super easy to install. my only complaint is the coating. they DO stand behind their coating with a 5 year warranty, had mine re coated by them. but they're starting to rust thru the coating again near the lower flange a year later (i do live a mile from the coast though).

TK1791

Loc.
Boca Raton, FL
I might not be the best guy to answer this, as I've only had my EB for 10 days. But it has the Duff headers running to a single passenger side exhaust. I'll say this - it looks good and sounds great. I have no idea how the cost of this system stacks up to the other's you've mentioned, but this one is perfect so far.

TK

John Marinan

Contributor
Loc.
Durango CO.
I have a set, the coating is really good, the inside bolt on the #5 cylinder was really tough to install, I had to squeeze the tube in to get a wrench on the ARP 12 point bolt.
It could be my heads but I had to relieve the end holes to get the bolts to start on the drivers side. Neither is a big deal but it's a little frustrating once you've got the header up in the compartment.