• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

James duff long arms or B.C.'s Ar-15 arms??

Steven Neff

Loc.
Arroyo Grande,Ca
Does anybody have experience with B.C.'s AR-15 adjustable radius arms? I was leaning towards the James Duff Long arm kit but noticed the AR-15 arms on BC's website. Not sure about not having offset for tire clearance,any help would be appreciated !

carmi

Loc.
Oroville
Because I didn't like the idea of losing the original rubber isolation design (as opposed to the heim joint) I went with the All 4 Fun extended arms. Couldn't be happier. They already have about 6 degrees positive caster built in so I went with 2 degree bushings for a total of 8 degrees positive. Cured all my wandering issues that I had with the original arms and 7 degree bushings that netted 4 degrees positive. In addition they were a little easier on the pocket book. Not that I don't think the other designs have their merit, just offering some options.

camp9k

depends on your time frame...The BC AR-15 arms are not available yet...a bunch of us have been waiting for almost a year for them.

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
Offset for tire clearance is a h u g e issue for me. I really like my Cage arms as it allows great turning and maneuverability when wheeling in the trees.

Mark

Contributor
Bronco Klutz
Loc.
NW Indiana
Because I didn't like the idea of losing the original rubber isolation design (as opposed to the heim joint) I went with the All 4 Fun extended arms. Couldn't be happier. They already have about 6 degrees positive caster built in so I went with 2 degree bushings for a total of 8 degrees positive. Cured all my wandering issues that I had with the original arms and 7 degree bushings that netted 4 degrees positive. In addition they were a little easier on the pocket book. Not that I don't think the other designs have their merit, just offering some options.

Same here. I love my All 4 Fun extended radius arms.
Reasonable price too!

u10072

Bronco Guru
Ok I gotta ask -- why wait for those "rifle" arms? I'm sorry but there's no reason for them. Having a rod end on a stock length arm makes perfect sense. It must be an ease of install thing I guess?? This to me is like spring rockers. Hey but I'm into keeping it simple design not necessarily super simple to install.

Monster Mike

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Offset for tire clearance is a h u g e issue for me. I really like my Cage arms as it allows great turning and maneuverability when wheeling in the trees.

Ive never seen the B.C. arm in person. Ive read up on them a bit and the three biggest differences i see are 1. the bc arm is straight all the way through not bent like duffs. 2. the bc arm has a slotted hole in the head unit to adjust caster. duffs uses a cast head unit that has 4 additional degrees built into it. 3. bc's arm is 2 pieces that bolt together duffs is 1 piece.

cage arms and Duff arms are essentially the same arm. Duff was selling the Long arm 5 years before their previous employed production manager started producing his version. pretty typical to see vendors copying other vendors. Patents are a real pain since anyone can make a small change and claim its different.

biggest difference between cage/AR15 arms and duff arms…Duff arms are on the shelf ready to sell ;D;D;D

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have one of the first sets of BC arms, been running since 2006, added the the WAH later, very happy with them