• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

James Duff Lower Shock Mount Positions?

jhunte17

Loc.
Franklin, TN
It's been a couple of years since I did any work on my EB but I'm getting started again. Have moved a few times and lost the installation instructions for the Duff Lift Kit. I email Duff to ask for an email copy but don't feel like waiting.

On the front mounts, do they go on the raised portion of the "C" cup or to the side? If to the side, inboard or outboard?

Buldozer

Bronco Virtuoso
Loc.
God's Country
Which Duff lift kit do you have? On the long arm kit I installed on my rig, both shocks mount to the radius arm.

Attachments

• pic 024.jpg
    pic 024.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 56
OP
OP
jhunte17

jhunte17

Loc.
Franklin, TN
Mine is the 3.5" standard kit. The lower tab welds to the "C" cap. I found some pictures on line last night where they were welded on the center raised portion of the cap so I went ahead and did mine the same way.

rtreads

Loc.
Which Duff lift kit do you have? On the long arm kit I installed on my rig, both shocks mount to the radius arm.

That looks like a lot of spring bow. do you anticipate that going away under load?

Can you run duff/cage arms with only one shock, or will it twist the mount?

carter2772

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Camano Island, Wa
That looks like a lot of spring bow. do you anticipate that going away under load?

Can you run duff/cage arms with only one shock, or will it twist the mount?

You can use one shock.... Actually, with those hoops, you can do one infront of the axle and one in rear for better stability. But putting them both in back gives better articulation. So one in back is ok.

Buldozer

Bronco Virtuoso
Loc.
God's Country

If you are talking about my 5.5 JD lift, it was perfect when finished. Never seen any James Duff stuff that was not right.;) Here is how it looked on the trail at OCBR 2008.

Attachments

• DSC00337 (Medium).JPG
    DSC00337 (Medium).JPG
    127 KB · Views: 26

rtreads

Loc.
If you are talking about my 5.5 JD lift, it was perfect when finished. Never seen any James Duff stuff that was not right.;) Here is how it looked on the trail at OCBR 2008.

Looks great!!

Must have been a weird camera angle.

....about the duff stuff not working... I agree their stuff is great! ...but dont try to use their long tube headers with their long arm kit and a 351. I have this setup and the left side long arm will hit the header after compressing only 4" or so. My headers are dented now. Since they are ceramic coated, O dont know how to cut and move the 2 lower runners to get them out of the way of the long arm.

ryan