• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

James Duff Smooth Rocker Guards w/ Tubes

c2computer

Loc.
Castle Rock, CO
Has anyone purchased these? What is up with the two piece design? How is the installation? How do they compare to BC's Rock Ski's?<br><br>Thanks<br><br> :p

desertrat302

Loc.
Tucson,Az
I have the BC 1/4" Rockskis,and I think they are a better design.The Duff setup is only 3/16".You would have to hit a rock Really hard to even ding the BC skis.<br>One other thing about the Duffs,is the 2 piece design,I assume the tubes are not welded to the skis.They would be better if they were welded.<br>But the Duffs do look cool,and might give a little more door protection.I just dont want anything sticking out from the sides of my truck.<br>Just my 2 pesos,FWIW,Rat

OP
OP
c2computer

c2computer

Loc.
Castle Rock, CO
Yeah I have the BC Bronco skiis now at home in the living room. I don't like the 2 piece either, but the tubes are welded on. They are thin too. <br><br>How was the installation for the skiis? I guess I have to drop my tank to do it? Those little screws hold them on ok?

lpsolo

Loc.
Fresno, CA
The tubes are welded to the ski. They are attached by putting the outer part against your outer rocker and the second strip on the inner part of the rocker under the truck and drilling through both parts and bolting it together through the body. How they hold up, I don't know.

desertrat302

Loc.
Tucson,Az
C2,yes you will have to drop the aux tank.<br>Install is easy,I did it in an afternoon.<br>And yes,the supplied screws work just fine.<br>Hardest thing about the whole deal was cutting the ends down,because I have cut fenders.If you do it with a hack saw,it will take forever.I used the chop saw at work.<br>Thanks for the info about the 2 piece design Ipsolo.Sounds kinda like a cheesy design,sit a rocker on a rock,and the 2 plates would probably spread.BC skis are U-shaped,much tougher.

broncobsession

Bronco Guru
I think they look gay. Do it right and either cut the rockers like Madgyver or throw on some 1/4" rock skis.

DPM77

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Seattle, Washington
Looks like some kind of heep gear. will the rockskiis work if the outer face of the rocker is dented? its not bad, but definately there, and when I did it, bondo fell off.... :p. Hopefully they will go high enough to hide the problem.<br><br>Any opinions on the BC vs WH skiis(as long as we are on the subject)?<br><br>dpm

broncobsession

Bronco Guru
[quote author=dpm77 link=board=5;threadid=10283;start=0#74625 date=1034898414]<br>Looks like some kind of heep gear. will the rockskiis work if the outer face of the rocker is dented? its not bad, but definately there, and when I did it, bondo fell off.... :p. Hopefully they will go high enough to hide the problem.<br><br>Any opinions on the BC vs WH skiis(as long as we are on the subject)?<br><br>dpm <br>[/quote]<br>They are the same ones made by BC.

DPM77

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Seattle, Washington
[quote author=broncobsession link=board=5;threadid=10283;start=0#74627 date=1034898578]<br>[quote author=dpm77 link=board=5;threadid=10283;start=0#74625 date=1034898414]<br>Looks like some kind of heep gear. will the rockskiis work if the outer face of the rocker is dented? its not bad, but definately there, and when I did it, bondo fell off.... :p. Hopefully they will go high enough to hide the problem.<br><br>Any opinions on the BC vs WH skiis(as long as we are on the subject)?<br><br>dpm <br>[/quote]<br>They are the same ones made by BC.<br>[/quote]<br><br>Thanks, Broncobsession

GRIZZLY

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lakewood, CA
I have BC's 1/4" skis and then welded my own nerf bars and braced to the frame. I like the idea that it can withstand sliding down a rock and help push your body away at the same time. Plus it keeps the bitchin to a minimum cause now the wife doesn't have to climb on a bucket to get in. (I guess that means I'm good for 2 more inches of lift and 2 more inches of tires and back to the bucket ;D )

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
I haven't been too happy with the last few duffy parts I ordered. I have the bc skis on both. It was just too easy compared to cutting and fabbing up some new rockers.