• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

James Duff stage 3 tubular radius arms

Jackdanielz

Has anyone put the james duff stage 3 radius arms on their bronco. Want to know if it really makes that much difference other than stock.

TJK74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newark CA
If you looking for flex and travel. Yep they work quite well. i don't have them but there on my wish list. Its either those or the WAH. Cant decide yet;D

ricks77eb

Loc.
Deer Park, Texas
I have them on mine and I think it makes a world of difference. Long gone are the days of binding up on my radius arms and limiting my flex.

I am sure others will pipe in about wristed radius arms and wristed axle housings, both of which I have heard good things about but, neither that I have any knowledge of so I am sure there are pros and cons to all.

I think Jim Cole who used to work for James Duff but has gone off on his own with CAGE Offroad (or something like that) is coming out with a set of extended arms. I believe he was the original designer of the ones James Duff carries and if anyone could take it to the next level it would probably be him so, you might want to look into what he has to offer.

Rick

Slick

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Petoskey, MI
;D

he was indeed the guy who designed them as far as I can tell... and he dose have a set out on his own... they are a slightly improved version of what is at Duff's and this month they are on special, sum-thin like $575.00 or close to it, so if ya want a set GET 'em NOW!!!!

:cool:

highrlr

Loc.
Bismarck, ND
If I remember right they were only like $20 dollars off. Are the Cage off road arms on sale right now? I thought they were gonna do a mass buy on them?

TJK74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newark CA
not sure what price they were but just keep in mind the price of steel has gone up since then so you have to figure that in as well.

Unregistered said:
How much were the Duff arms on the mass buy?

broncolove

The Bronco Ranch
Loc.
S.E. Michigan
highrlr said:
If I remember right they were only like $20 dollars off. Are the Cage off road arms on sale right now? I thought they were gonna do a mass buy on them?

The sale just started august 1st. $575.00 I just ordered me a set;D

76 explorer

Bronco Guru
Loc.
oklahoma city
ricks77eb said:
Heck, Duff is charging $645.00 for their's now, so $575.00 does not sound too bad.

Rick
holy crap! im glad i bought mine when i did. (about 6 months ago when they were in the $500 to $525 dollar range.

U

Unregistered

Hey, anyone running Cage's coils? Look like a good deal.

Slick

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Petoskey, MI
Unregistered said:
Hey, anyone running Cage's coils? Look like a good deal.

%)

they JUST came out so if anybody is run'n them now they JUST started to.

I ordered a set and am think'n they'll be as good or better than most!!! Jim has done this a while... so I'm sure they are a quality product!

P.S.
there WAS a mass buy on the Duff's arms a while back... like a year ago or more (I know cause I started it)and at that point they were $475.00 however that was about 3 price hikes ago... so I'd say JUMP ALL OVER the Cage arms... they are an improved version of the Duff's arms and cost less! -a new design by the same designer-

76 explorer

Bronco Guru
Loc.
oklahoma city
Slick said:
%)

they JUST came out so if anybody is run'n them now they JUST started to.

I ordered a set and am think'n they'll be as good or better than most!!! Jim has done this a while... so I'm sure they are a quality product!

P.S.
there WAS a mass buy on the Duff's arms a while back... like a year ago or more (I know cause I started it)and at that point they were $475.00 however that was about 3 price hikes ago... so I'd say JUMP ALL OVER the Cage arms... they are an improved version of the Duff's arms and cost less! -a new design by the same designer-
out of curiousity.... what makes them better? they look like an identical twin to my duff arms other than the color

Broncitis

MEB Founder
highrlr said:

Yes, there will be an introductory Mass Buy/Sale on the CAGE long arms as the August special from CAGE Off-Road. Jim is emailing me the details, and hopefully some pics of them installed on his test mule. The first production run is still in process, so these will be pre-orders for shipment at the end of the month.

More to come soon......

highrlr

Loc.
Bismarck, ND
Broncitis said:
Yes, there will be an introductory Mass Buy/Sale on the CAGE long arms as the August special from CAGE Off-Road. Jim is emailing me the details, and hopefully some pics of them installed on his test mule. The first production run is still in process, so these will be pre-orders for shipment at the end of the month.

More to come soon......

Sounds good, guess I will just wait till the mass buy starts up then.
Thanks for the info.

broncolove

The Bronco Ranch
Loc.
S.E. Michigan
Jim took my order today for the arms, He said the sale started 8/1/04 and like drew said are pre-orders slated for delivery at the end of this month. $575.00 plus shipping. The arms are like the duff arms, but have additional gussets and some different bend here and there for better clearance. Remember Jim designed Duffs arms, so if there is anyone who can improve on them, he's the man. Call cage and place your order, Jims a great guy to deal with.

TBR

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I got the Duff Arms a few months ago and they are great for getting that bind out. A friend uses the Wristed Arms and they do well, but arent ass stable on the trail going down hill and under braking. As far as higher speed handling they are great too, not just for flex. With the 3.5" lift it handles very well at 75-85 MPH. They are pricey as you know. I would go with Jim's CAGE Arms. Pretty much the same product as the Duff Arms, and cheaper too with the buy. Talked to Jim last week and he is a great guy and will answer any questions for you.

Blue71