• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

James Duffs Headers and exhaust

mkaenel

Bronco Guru
Loc.
La Costa, CA
Alright I am getting ready to pull the trigger on a complete exhaust sytem and I like the James Duff because you can simple order the headers and complete exhaust system.

There is a huge difference in price between the "standard" headers and the ceramic coated ones. Is there really that much of a difference?

Also does anyone have any feedback on the header back system they sell?

Thanks

Matt

BRONCO26

Loc.
SENOIA
I Bought The Wh Shorty Headers W/ Ceramic Coated The Cool Off Quicker And Don't Rust. I Like Them Because The Starter Is Not Right There At The Header Absorbing All That Heat Off The Exh.and They Are Easier To Install.

Buckin74

Loc.
San Diego
Absolutley recommend going with the "Ceramic Coated" with any of the systems available. In my eyes, it is that much better than most any other coatings. Long life for finish, no potential blueing of header tubes and the coating allows the headers to run cooler than other finishes.

I have tried LOTS of other headers. I find that the FIT (really important) of the Duff long tube headers is as perfect as I have seen. I didn't even have to massage the tubes to get the header bolts in like I have others.
They have sealed great for over a year now with no leaking at the flanges.

I can't give you a heads up on the new pipe and muffler system yet. It's on my list to install but I have seen and heard the prototype and it is well thought out and seems to tuck up well for clearance. The muflers are top of the line (turbo mufflers) and exit out the behind the rear wheels. At least it allows less chance for fumes to enter the cab and there's less possibility for damage when wheeling with where they exit.