• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

JBG 3.5" long add-a-leafs?

va bronco

Loc.
Henry, VA 24102
I got add-a-leafs and blocks in the rear of my 76. The passenger side add-a-leaf broke completely apart. I seen where Jeff's has the long 3.5" add-a-leafs to eliminate blocks. Will this keep anymore leafs from breaking? Would I assume the ride to stiffen up? I used it as a daily driver but have switched over to another car. Everyone else at work is showing off their Jeeps%) , Chevys%) , and Toyota's%) . I want to drive my 76 bronco in and show them what a REAL 4 wheel drive is;D :-* .

bigjhoov

nobody
IMO long add-a-leafs are better than short ones, but not as good as lift leafs. I ran long add-a-leafs for about a year and recently went to Cage 8-leafs. And man, what a difference!

OP
OP
V

va bronco

Loc.
Henry, VA 24102
Well, I do understand what the difference may be but I really would like to get my ride back on the road. I miss driving it. I figure I can get it back on the road then I can decide whether I want to change it over to to a better rated spring.

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
There's no sense in spending money twice. You'll be money and sore kidneys ahead to go ahead and spend the extra cheddar on some proper leafs. Deavers (JBG, BC, American) are pretty fantastic, so are the Cage leafs like Jerry's got. I forget who's making the leafs for WH and Duff's nowadays. It's been posted before though...

bigjhoov

nobody
I still have my stock leafs with the long add-a-leafs in them if you are interested in them.

BoltBuster

Bronco Guru
From one local to another.....Check BC Broncos he sells Dever from 2.5 to 5.5

OP
OP
V

va bronco

Loc.
Henry, VA 24102
I don't mind spending the cash now & again later so long as I can get it back on the road. I figure someone will buy them when I go over to full sets. The long add-a-leafs shipped are $106. I can't beat that even for a short term. That's including the U-bolt kits. I may have to put wedges in too but I will have to do that with full set leafs.