• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

JBG's 3.5" leaf packs.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
JBG 3.5" 11 leaf packs are only $275 bucks. Seems to be the best price out there.

Are the WH 3.5" 11 leaf packs worth $50 more bucks.

Tried checking BC's site but everything I checked out would not pop up in my cart so I couldn't check their price on their 9 leaf packs. Their site always gives me trouble. Last time I bought something (only a month or so ago) I ended up having to call in my order.
I didn't check TBP assuming shipping will be cost prohibitive (WH may be too). I live in Orlando Florida.

krause

from my research and chats the WH leafs are made by another company than most the other early bronco leafs are made and have 5 support brackets holding the leafs together when most have 3-4.

OP
OP
bronconut73

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
I noticed that too. I do like the WH leaf packs. I guess I'm just wondering if I'll ever notice the difference between the JBG's and the WH's.

mini73

So is anybody using the $275 dollar 3.5" lift 11 leaf packs at JBG?

Would like to know this also. I planning on buying my 3.5 suspension lift in parts over time as I don't have all the money up front right know to kit the whole kit. Want to get the new 11 leaf pack first as it looks like it is the most expensive part of the kit offered.

OP
OP
bronconut73

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Good plan man.
I bought my suspension in pieces too. But it was back before the proliferation of the big 11 leaf packs. National and Deaver were making them then but the vendors weren't really offering them yet. They were uber expensive back then.

bknbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
North Metro, MN
I have the 5.5" JBG leafs,and deaver 5.5" coils. Front is soft but rear is stiff. I wanted cheep so JBG was the ticket.

I have read hundreds of complaints of rear leafs being stiff and its with all names so id say grab the JBG's

mini73

Good to know. I'm really not going to do to much off-roading. Planning on trying to keep mine uncut if i can and just staying with a 3.5 inch lift. I'm wanting mine to be kind of stiff also.

bknbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
North Metro, MN
My JBG springs were so stiff because I had the spring and shackle bolts torqued to like 80 or more pounds. After a year of it that way I loostened up all 3 bolts on each spring till thery were barly snug and it made a world of difference. Just make sure your using nylocks.

Also im not a fan of kits...they include too much crap you don't need and they don't have the stuff I wanted. I bought all my stuff individually and bought exactly what I wanted and needed.

dave67fd

Bronco Guru
I went with the WH 3.5" leafs based on popularity and recomendations here as well as the fact I just love WH's.
I like JBG as well and have made purchases both past and present. It all depends onthe part/s.

OP
OP
bronconut73

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Jim at WH private messaged me to explain the $50 difference. He made an excellent argument for his products. His leaf packs are superior. And with only a $50 dollar difference the decision to go with WH is an easy one. I'll be ordering tomorrow. I bet I'll notice quite a difference from my 30 year old 5 leaf pack Duff springs. Nothing against Duff (Suzy). Their stuff (and customer service) has served me well over the years. This time though I'm going with Jim @ WH.
And as much as I feel WH has the better product this time, my decision was also based on Jim himself messaging me to explain the real differences between the two different leaf packs.

OP
OP
bronconut73

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Ordered the WH leaf packs Friday. They are on the way. I'll post before and after photos when complete.
I am stoked fellers.
Got the bushings and extreme u-bolt kits too.

mini73

Cool. I'll be ordering 3.5 leafs when I get my tax return next week hopefully. It will be only the first thing for my suspension lift but it the most expensive part of it. I also need to replace all my steering bushings and try to get the play out of the steering wheel. Look forward to the pics.

deltarat

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Drew,Ms
I bought the JBG 3 1/2 leafs and they were too stiff for me and I sold them and bought the WH leafs. WH is a much better ride.

OP
OP
bronconut73

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Cool. I'll be ordering 3.5 leafs when I get my tax return next week hopefully. It will be only the first thing for my suspension lift but it the most expensive part of it. I also need to replace all my steering bushings and try to get the play out of the steering wheel. Look forward to the pics.

That's what I did too. Tax return.

I should have done like you and bought these leaf packs or ones like them first.

They should arrive by Friday. Excited.

mini73

I will be too once I order mine just excited about getting my bronco on the road.

markperry

Bronco Guru
Once you guy's put these springs in, I would check the drive shaft angle. I had to put 6 degree shims in mine!

Hank_

Bronco Guru
I have the JBG 3 1/2" lift springs front and rear on my bronco and have been VERY happy with the ride. They are Deaver springs. I notice no rough ride and am surprised with the comments to the contrary. Glad you got some springs ordered.

Henry