• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Jeff's Bronco Graveyard

broncophile

Loc.
Fenton, MI
How many of you have used Jeff's in the past? Having recently moved back to within 3 hours of them, I was hoping to use them for all of my bronco needs...I travel to MI alot, so why not, right? Well, I recently flexed my fan right through a brand new radiator, and since my bronco is my only vehicle, I needed to fix it fast...no problem, right?...Jeff's is close enough to get it to me a day after receiveing my order...so, I ordered a 4-core, and the mounts they said I needed to complete the install...the radiator came today...NO MOUNTS!...I call to see what happened...They told me the mounts are on backorder...

This places me in a very tough situation...I need to drive to MI tomorrow (next day at the latest) on business...Had there been any indication that they couldn't fill my order in time, I would have purchased from someone who could...Now, they said they'd check with the manufacturer to see how fast they could get them here, but it looks like I'm still screwed...they know their site doesn't give B/O status when ordering and should have called me and let me know when picking the parts yesterday...I may have still had time to get what I needed overnighted from somewhere else...

The gentleman I spoke to asked me what I'd like him to do for me...What, in your opinion, is a reasonable gesture of customer service at this point?...one that would make me want to continue a relationship with them as my home for Bronco needs?

I will give them an opportunity to make it right and post the result here...hopefully this will be another post supporting their fairly good reputation...

74bronc

Bronco Guru
Don't know what to tell you other than that is a LOOOOONNGGGG drive to MI from Orem, Utah!!!! I am sure they will make it right with you. I know how you feel. Sometimes you wonder why people don't go the extra mile to make sure you get what you need in a timely fasion. I hope it works out. I have dealt with Jeff's before and they have always done well for me.

OP
OP
B

broncophile

Loc.
Fenton, MI
[quote author=74bronc link=board=5;threadid=11004;start=0#80697 date=1036615317]<br>that is a LOOOOONNGGGG drive to MI from Orem, Utah!!!! [/quote]<br><br>I moved to Syracuse IN in September...

howiebilt

Bronco Buddah
Loc.
Newton
Your experience is typical of what I have gone through with them . :mad: They are more than willing to sell you anything you might need , but they don't necessarily have everything you order on hand and unfortunately you don't know it until it's too late . <br><br>I hope they do treat you right on their offer to make it up to you , and I hope you post whatever happens so I can see if they are worthy of my business once again .

74bronc

Bronco Guru
[quote author=broncophile link=board=5;threadid=11004;start=0#80706 date=1036617211]<br>[quote author=74bronc link=board=5;threadid=11004;start=0#80697 date=1036615317]<br>that is a LOOOOONNGGGG drive to MI from Orem, Utah!!!! [/quote]<br><br>I moved to Syracuse IN in September...<br>[/quote]<br><br>Well that will be alot shorter drive then!! I lived in Provo for 5 years. Don't really miss the cold and snow now though!

ps4wdc

Loc.
Illinois
Sounds like the norm for them. Putting a fiberglass tub on a 76, gave them 4 orders worth about $1000.00 and they managed to screw them all up. This was 6 weeks ago and I'm still waiting to get it straighten out. NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

eBronc

Loc.
Austin, Texas
I ordered a driver's side door post and a bed floor repair panel from them a few months ago - the door post came in, was excellent quality, and fit great. <br><br>The bed floor repair panel was on B/O for weeks, and when it did get here, it was the wrong part - it was for a Ford pickup, not a Bronco, and it didn't fit.<br><br>I've emailed them twice with all the information requesting a return authorization number so I can ship it back to them and they can exchange it for the right part, and so far I haven't heard a thing from them.

flint_knapper

BRONCO GOD
Loc.
Harvest, AL
I have used them several times over a span of 12-13 years never had a big problem. about 10 yrs. ago they over charged me about $10.00 bucks and made it up on the next order.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
I ordered patch pannels from them and they were in stock and I got them within reasonable time. Personally I would never order timely parts over the net hoping they arrive in time. If it was that important to you, you should have called them direct and placed the order and checked status. Yes they could do better but so could alot of customers.

HorsePlay

Loc.
Middlesex, NJ
Its common for most special interest mail order houses to back order stuff on you. Even if you call them. My dad has a Model A and ordered stuff from different Model A parts prices, I think all of them have taken the orders not to tell him that some of the parts(usually the most important ones ;D ) are on back order<br><br>I just put in an order over the Net wit JBG the otherday. I called them today to mke sure it went thru, as i received no confirmation email(something that should be sent out with any internet order in my opinion) Only one minor thing out of a 15 pieice order was on back order. So I'll let you know how it all goes for me with them, all seems good so far

luvmybronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ashland, Oh
I agree...Call ins are alot better than internet...I goto to there website, get the part numbers, then call them...That way I can talk directly to them, to make sure I get what I need, and to make sure it's not on back order...I always get my order the next day...I've never had a problem with them, they have always treated me right...When I bought my Advanced Adaptor kit from them, they sent me a pre 89 kit, which is different...I called them up, and they gave me a number to put on the box, and called UPS to pick it up...The 89 kit was on back order, but I didn't have to have it right away anyways...

stevew

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Elliston Montana
They've pulled that B/O crap on me a couple of times .. with phone orders ... after I specifically asked if it was in stock . I'll only buy from them if it's something no one else has or a customer specifies their stuff .

Broncmeister

I have ordered from them and have been very impressed with them. They had everything on hand, were helpful on the phone, and the items arrived promptly.

cal

Loc.
Raleigh, NC
Had the same backorder problem with them, and I even ordered over the phone! I still order small parts from them, but I go elsewhere for the bigger stuff.

thesnake

Bronco Guru
I've never had a problem with them. I've ordered over the phone and over the net. <br><br>snake

Trevor

Loc.
Albuquerque, NM
I've ordered quite a bit of stuff from them and most of it was no problem. This summer/fall I ordered a STC soft top. They said it would be two weeks. It was nearly three months and when I finally received it, it was too cold (below 72) to mount it. I missed a couple of months of great weather. I called a couple of times (not twice a week annoying them) and they just didn't give a damn. Once they sent me a rotor that had obviously gone out then been returned to them and they didn't even bother to clean it up in order to "pretend" it was new.

CodeeB

Loc.
Atlanta
They have done the same BO thing to me several times.The only thing they ever told me that was on BO at the time I ordered it was my soft top.

OP
OP
B

broncophile

Loc.
Fenton, MI
Well, it sounds like they are sort of hit and miss...Anyway, they told me the same crap about "if it was that important, you should have called"...What??...I managed 13 different internet retail accounts in my previous job and they ALL operated in a way that would have given the purchaser time to reorder from someone else if their part wasn't in...First, you should be notified when placing an item into your basket, whether it is available or not...if you can't maintain this kind of timely site update, your email confirmation should include the information...in the least, if all else fails, you should notify the customer when you realize one of their parts is on Backorder!...you know the site doesn't tell them...yet you ship everything else to them even though it's useless without the B/O items!!!...another thing I find irritating is that there was no receipt/invoice/order detail whatsoever included with my shipment...What the??...Anyway, they attempted to do the right thing...they called the manufacturer and told me when they'd have the parts in...they're overnighting them to me at no additional cost...they actually had three out of the four brackets I needed and suggested that I use them and wait for the fourth, since I needed the truck operable immediately...well...<br><br>All in all, it appears to me that they deserve a second chance with me, but are about par for the course as far as these Bronco houses are concerned...from what I've read the last few years on this site, Chuck is the only one building a sterling reputation for customer satisfaction...Now, if BC's was only three hours away :)...

66horse

Bronco Guru
I have no opinion as I have never ordered from them and doubt I will, but maybe someone should show them the summit website. I kindly tells you things are backordered even before you place in in your shopping basket. Inventory control!