• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

* Jersey Shore Build* aka Jersey Jalopy Updated-FIRST RIDE

2monkeyboys

engine bay

i painted the engine bay the same color looks a lot better then black

Attachments

• Picture 228.jpg
    Picture 228.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 82
  • Picture 244.jpg
    Picture 244.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 94
  • Picture 237.jpg
    Picture 237.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 67
  • Picture 236.jpg
    Picture 236.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 71
  • Picture 235.jpg
    Picture 235.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 73
  • Picture 234.jpg
    Picture 234.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 69
  • Picture 233.jpg
    Picture 233.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 72
  • Picture 232.jpg
    Picture 232.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_0052.JPG
    IMG_0052.JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 65
  • 55e.jpg
    55e.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 69
OP
OP
ryoungbronco

ryoungbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Belmar, NJ
I do like the color matching engine bay.

2monkeyboys, what happened? Were you ok? The bronco from the PNC car show was clean and nice. Looks like you are on your way to another great looking truck.

Last edited:

2monkeyboys

on the way home from a a car show NOV 6 2010 some a$$ cut me off next thing i know were on rolling over two times and land on the passenger side. my friend broke his wrist other than that were ok but the body and the frame WERE TRASHED i found another bronco about a month later and it took me about 9 months to rebuild a new one

Attachments

• Picture 033.jpg
    Picture 033.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 177
  • Picture 031.jpg
    Picture 031.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 191
  • Picture 025.jpg
    Picture 025.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 196
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 204
  • Picture 024.jpg
    Picture 024.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 205
  • Picture 023.jpg
    Picture 023.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 218
  • Picture 274.jpg
    Picture 274.jpg
    228.5 KB · Views: 160
  • Picture 265.jpg
    Picture 265.jpg
    204.6 KB · Views: 163
  • Picture 245.jpg
    Picture 245.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 183
  • Picture_290.jpg
    Picture_290.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 164
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 170
  • Picture 039.jpg
    Picture 039.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 177
OP
OP
ryoungbronco

ryoungbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Belmar, NJ
Wow, glad no one was seriously hurt. I'm sure your roll bar saved you, that is why I just purchased mine. I hate driving on the Parkway, everyone is in a rush to get to Atlantic City. Are the last couple pics of the "new" bronco? If so, great job.

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
I can't stress how important it is to tie the cage to the frame! Glad everyone was ok and the cage did its job. Nice bronco before and after!

Springer

Loc.
Louisville, KY
Was able to tack everything up today. Real happy with how it came out. Thanks Spareparts, David, glad you were able to sell another one. Hopefully noone in my area though, ;).

It looks like you have a fiberglass body. I have one too and was worried that it might not work with a glass tub without fabrication. Did you have to cut anything to make the family cage kit work? Also, How did you bolt yours to your tub? Did all the places where the cage mounted have enough "meat" under it? Last, do plan on connecting yours to the frame?

Anyone have a write up on connecting their roll cage to the frame? Do you just connect tubing to the frame and then have it mount to the same spot under the body where the family roll cage connects? Just wondering how other people have done his.

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
It looks like you have a fiberglass body. I have one too and was worried that it might not work with a glass tub without fabrication. Did you have to cut anything to make the family cage kit work? Also, How did you bolt yours to your tub? Did all the places where the cage mounted have enough "meat" under it? Last, do plan on connecting yours to the frame?

Anyone have a write up on connecting their roll cage to the frame? Do you just connect tubing to the frame and then have it mount to the same spot under the body where the family roll cage connects? Just wondering how other people have done his.

That is how most do it, they plate the cage where it meets the body. They the match the plate underneath and make a tube that connects it to the frame. I thought I had pictures of mine, but I guess I never have taken pictures of them.

The other thing I can do to make the cage safer is to put a spreader bar at the bottom of the middle bars. The "B" pillar ones that go down between the front and rear seats, it would mount at the very bottom next to the floor. This way, in case of a roll over, the cage could not go futher than the frame. If you had a body lift, it might be 3-4 inches including the body bushing. I still recommend tying it to the frame instead, but the spreader bar would most likely protect you.

OP
OP
ryoungbronco

ryoungbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Belmar, NJ

As Spareparts said, you want to "sandwich" the cage plate and frame tie-in plate between the fiberglass body. This will ensure that the cage doesn't go through the body in a roll over. If you want to see what the spreader bar looks like, Bailie uses this idea http://broncobumpersandcages.com/st...lassic+Bronco&SubCategory=Cages&Search=&Page=

I didn't have any issues fitting the cage with the fiberglass body but each cage builder is different from the others. Become a contributor and post up some pics ! Good luck with the build.

DonaldDouchebag

Bronco Guru
As Spareparts said, you want to "sandwich" the cage plate and frame tie-in plate between the fiberglass body. This will ensure that the cage doesn't go through the body in a roll over. If you want to see what the spreader bar looks like, Bailie uses this idea http://broncobumpersandcages.com/st...lassic+Bronco&SubCategory=Cages&Search=&Page=

I didn't have any issues fitting the cage with the fiberglass body but each cage builder is different from the others. Become a contributor and post up some pics ! Good luck with the build.

I've heard it suggested to have the bottom plate a larger size than the top plate to prevent shearing through the body.

OP
OP
ryoungbronco

ryoungbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Belmar, NJ
Sounds great, did you order the 2.5" Heartthrob stuff or do it yourself?

Yes I used the same kit you ordered. Thanks again for your help. I had to do a little fabrication. I don't like how they bent the pipes that go out the back so I'm going to need to figure something else out for that.

C Saporito

Yes I used the same kit you ordered. Thanks again for your help. I had to do a little fabrication. I don't like how they bent the pipes that go out the back so I'm going to need to figure something else out for that.

It's been a while, but I remember the tail pipes wouldn't clear the tires (39.5") when they made a 90deg turn so I cut them and used a 45deg bend with 3" tips. I'm not far if you want to take a closer look.

Attachments

• IMG_2764.jpg
    IMG_2764.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 138
OP
OP
ryoungbronco

ryoungbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Belmar, NJ
It's been a while, but I remember the tail pipes wouldn't clear the tires (39.5") when they made a 90deg turn so I cut them and used a 45deg bend with 3" tips. I'm not far if you want to take a closer look.

I noticed that with your pictures and was planning on doing something like that. We should definitely meet up, I'd like to see that thing in person. It looks like a beast!