• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

jump starters

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
Last month I bought one of those small power packs. It's like 6x8x1 1/2". I took it home and charged it then threw it in the glove box. Yesterday a guy in an old dodge with a 440 needed a jump. That little thing worked like a champ. Better than the bigger pos I bought from hf that's sitting in the garage. It also has ports for cell phone and lap tops and stuff. Well worth th $85 I spent. They had smaller ones the size of cell phones but only good up to 300ci for jump starting. I was skeptical when I bought it but glad I did.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
There's not a brand on it but their website is planBpower.net.. it's not as big as I thought . It's 7x3.5x1.5 but the case is 9x7. Comes with all the adapters for charging stuff.

nickgp

Bronco Guru
Just make sure you push the connector all the way into the battery pack before using. Fried one awhile ago

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
I've got 1 like the Powerall that I purchased at the Off Road Expo last year for around $100, then they came out with a smaller version a couple of months ago on sale for $79 so I got another for my boat. It's about the size of a Droid w/ case.
My wife had a dead cell in her car battery last year and had to use the first one 3 times in one day. I was amazed it was able to handle that load without a re-charge. It will definitely be on my list for Baja!
They are the hot ticket for sure.

KyleQ

Bronco Guru
I'm going to spend a little more and get a AntiGravity XP-10 so I can jump diesels as well.

$_35.JPG

markw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I carry one in my truck. Haven't had to use it yet. Waiting to see if it will power my dump trailer. Hate it when I get to the dump with a full load and find the battery dead.

KyleQ

Bronco Guru
I carry one in my truck. Haven't had to use it yet. Waiting to see if it will power my dump trailer. Hate it when I get to the dump with a full load and find the battery dead.

I borrowed a dump truck that was used quite often and loaded it with dirt only to find it wouldn't dump %) We moved 5 years of dirt by hand before that POS would move - that sucked.

markw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Oh, hell yes that would suck. 5 yrds is a LOT of dirt!!

Rockit

I have one. It works awesome. I've used it 3x in one night 4.6l on a crown vic patrol car, as well as a 6.0 in my boat.
Blown away with how well it works.