• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Just a comment on current Ebay trend

lilthom

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I did my morning search for "Early Ford Bronco" on Ebay this morning. It showed a result of over 3,600 listings. I hit the auction tab and there were only 91 listings. Of the 91 listings under auctions over 50 were from the same seller. This Buy It Now trend has taken all the fun out of the bargain hunting. Just my Wednesday morning opinion that I know you were all waiting to hear.

camp9k

Not sure if you were looking for advice? I go to advanced search on right side and change settings to exact words in exact order... clears out most the crap! 266 results this morning! but Im super bored... sitting at home recovering from back surgery with nothing else to do. I also search from highest to lowest price to keep the T shirts away for a while...again super bored!

savage

Contributor
Bronco Nut
Loc.
Renton
Ebay get back to your ruts,more auctions,less buy now!!!!!!!!!

rguest3

Bronco Guru
I just made a BIG score on eBay a couple days ago.

These are being discontinued, but I got a set of 5 Mickey Thompson Classic Lock Wheels in a 17x9 for $565.00. They got delivered yesterday and are Brand New, In the Original Box.... Bronco is happy.

Same seller had an additional set of 4 as well. Did not see what they sold for.

Auction style NOT "Buy It Now" though.

The good deals are getting harder to find too.

OP
OP
lilthom

lilthom

Contributor
Bronco Guru
"Am I looking for advice".... He'll no! I'm bitching that Ebay has just become another on line catalog!

hotrodtim68

Contributor
Paying more!!!!!

Stop and smell the roses. Almost 99% of the time you are paying way to much for something on ebay. I always do a google search for the item, and usually can purchase the item from a direct source ,or manufacturer where it is new and can be returned to the original venders. Also IMO stick with shopping for your Bronco needs from ClassicBroncos.com ; and the major Bronco vendors ; or fellow Bronco brothers , most are willing to help in honesty, with knowledge. Just my thoughts. Keep the shiny side up.!!!:cool::cool::cool::cool:

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
There is a fellow in north Alabama that sells a lot of pearl jam on ebay.:-X

67 Halfcab

I just made a BIG score on eBay a couple days ago.

These are being discontinued, but I got a set of 5 Mickey Thompson Classic Lock Wheels in a 17x9 for $565.00. They got delivered yesterday and are Brand New, In the Original Box.... Bronco is happy.

Same seller had an additional set of 4 as well. Did not see what they sold for.

Auction style NOT "Buy It Now" though.

The good deals are getting harder to find too.

Which ones are MT discontinuing?

BRONCOchild

Bronco Guru
I have to agree, there is a lot more "buy it now", then bidding. There are some pros and cons to both options, but at the end of the day Ebay is just another resource to use to buy stuff.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
I don’t think it is an E-Bay issue. I think it’s a supply and demand issue.
Old Bronco parts were horded for 25 years prior to the E-Bay age and mostly sold by word of mouth locally. E-Bay came along and opened up an easy market to clear off the dusty shelves. Then the economy tanked and everyone started to unload stuff to make cash. I think that the easy stuff to sell is gone, save for trucks who's sole existence are now parts trucks for business sales hence the buy it now craze. I think the EBay bargains in used Bronco parts are pretty much gone now and with the recent pump up in interest in old Broncos what’s left is going to get a whole lot tougher from now on. You’re going to see it in all the used collectable auto parts. You can’t produce used 30 - 40 year old auto parts.

gray gables

I don’t think it is an E-Bay issue. I think it’s a supply and demand issue.
Old Bronco parts were horded for 25 years prior to the E-Bay age and mostly sold by word of mouth locally. E-Bay came along and opened up an easy market to clear off the dusty shelves. Then the economy tanked and everyone started to unload stuff to make cash. I think that the easy stuff to sell is gone, save for trucks who's sole existence are now parts trucks for business sales hence the buy it now craze. I think the EBay bargains in used Bronco parts are pretty much gone now and with the recent pump up in interest in old Broncos what’s left is going to get a whole lot tougher from now on. You’re going to see it in all the used collectable auto parts. You can’t produce used 30 - 40 year old auto parts.
well said, supply and demand. I think bronco prices will continue to rise, certainly not going down at anytime soon.

1sicbronconut

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Ebay has changed and evolved over the years but it's still a great resource for buyers and sellers. I've told a few of you the story on selling a pair of vintage Nike track shoes I bought for $10 and sold them through Ebay for $3,500 where else could a guy do that ;D And it turned out the guy that bought the shoes was actually a Early Bronco owner also.