• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Just got the centrapod in the mail...

WheelHorse

Bronco Guru
I was working on the tunes while waiting for the shop to make room for me.

On another note, I was going to go for a drive in Sunday and call you to see if you were around. However the bronco wouldnt idle. When I popped the hood I found a big gas leak coming from the back of the carb so I'm outta commission again

Adam, I feel your pain. I just got mine fired up on Sunday...carb dialed in real nice only to find out the PO over filled the power steering pump so she spat oil out of the filler until I brought the hot level back down to where it needed to be. Then, I still have to replace my steering linkage ( I have it, just need to install it) and as I was crawling underneath her shaking my head at the oil mess, I noticed one of my clips for my u-joints was missing. So, I mosey over and push up on the slip joint, slop in it as well...I feel like I'm never going to get mine on the road.

OP
OP
Chicago71Bronco

Chicago71Bronco

Loc.
Chicagoland
You need to put an amp on those bad boys

Yeah I was thinking about that. Alpine has that new 4 channel mini amp power pack thing that would fit perfectly in the glove box but moneys tight with the house build right now. Plus the bronco decided to crap out on me again and isn't running right now. Need to get her back on the road first.

darkmagus

I was going to build something but I think I may have to get one of these. ;)

Gidge768

Loc.
Wappingers Falls Ny
Hey Adam,
Did your pod rest up on the heater floor outlet? I was trying to fit mine tonight before the install and noticed its best place was resting on the outlet of the floor heater.

Thanks again
Sean

OP
OP
Chicago71Bronco

Chicago71Bronco

Loc.
Chicagoland
Hey Sean

I'm running without heat and a/c so I didn't have any issue. Wish I could be more of a help. Hope you can squeeze it in.

Adam

Gidge768

Loc.
Wappingers Falls Ny
Hey Adam,

Thanks for getting back to me. Im going for it, cant hurt the heat flow that much and we all know its already hot down there without the heat working...lol

OP
OP
Chicago71Bronco

Chicago71Bronco

Loc.
Chicagoland
Hey Adam,

Thanks for getting back to me. Im going for it, cant hurt the heat flow that much and we all know its already hot down there without the heat working...lol

Good luck. If you need extra heat just slide the shift boot up the shifter a few inches and you'll have another vent!

Let us know how it goes

daren

Sean,
When I put my centrapod in mine it was a tight squeeze between the t shifter and heater outlet. As far as I can tell it did not affect the heat too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

HoldMyPocket

Loc.
OC, CA
I have this same setup (but used Polk two marine 6.5") and have no problem with heater in place. My transmisison is a C4 with winter's shifter between the seats.

I love this set up. Looks clean, sounds good for just two mid-range speakers hooked up to my in dash stereo and is completely out of the way. All I plan to add are two full-ranges and a sub woofer but waiting to do an alternator upgrade first.