• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Just picked up a 77 Bronco Sport

Deuce1911

Loc.
Wells
compromise is good. i have to agree with most of you. It is nice to see anything brought back to original or as close as possible. There is something about the lines on these broncos that i think we all love right?

DevilDog

Loc.
Virginia
Restored to original!!!!! Keep the A/C! Everyone has a modified Bronco, very few have an original.

I think it is great that he has the dealer air-conditionor, but man those things were ugly. I would just tell people it came with one, and it is in the garage.;D

roundhouse

Bronco Guru
Nice truck!

The 76 & 77s already had power steering and disc brakes.

The gas tank leak is most likely from a hairline crack on the top of the tank. Very hard to see.

Id go back to stick mirrors when you get it painted.

As for yellow, the brightest yellow ever is Toyota Solar Yellow, used on the last Celicas,, and Mini Cooper Yellow is nice too..

Gotta be a cleaner way to do the upper rad hose though...

The one alot of people use on the EFI swaps is I think from a 69 GTO with the 400 engine.

Attachments

• broncoefi.JPG
    broncoefi.JPG
    73.6 KB · Views: 25

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
I had a 79 F150 I put a similar hose on. Was going to put a 460 in it so when the Rad went I replaced it with the right one for that swap. Long gone now. Nice looking truck!

bmbm

lifts

You could start with a 1" body lift because the rubber body mounts probably need replacing anyway. 30x9.50 or 31x10.50 looks nice.
That is a great Bronco.

OP
OP
E

erwinp

I see a 76 Michigan plate on the rear. Is it out of Michigan?

Sort of... From what I know at the moment it was purchased in Utah, went to California for a while, then to Georgia where it spent most of it's life. It was brought to Michigan a couple of years ago from the guy I picked it up from. He decided he had too many projects. From the paperwork I'm the 3rd owner. The first owner was a Marine and it was his vehicle until he passed. His estate sold it to the guy I bought it from. I even have copies of the original window sticker, bill of sale, etc.

The plate came with the Bronco though. The guy I bought it from thought it just went with the Bronco.

but man those things were ugly.

Not sure what to do about it yet. The vents in the interior are fugly and take up space, so we'll see how long it lasts once I really start the restoration. ;)

The gas tank leak is most likely from a hairline crack on the top of the tank.

It started leaking before it was filled. I'm thinking it's the gasket around the fill tube. Not knocking that it may be somewhere else. I'm going to pull it out when the temperature here warms up. Unless it's obvious, I'll probably pick up one of the aftermarket tanks and be done with it.

Thanks for the tip on the coolant line. I'm surprised it hasn't worn though/leaked.

Thanks for all the comments folks. I'm really happy with it. Apart from the color, I'm going to keep it relatively stock. I really like the idea of the "Day 2" theme suggested by Stroppe-Envy-77. I want to keep everything simple.

Today I picked up new front brakes. My 3 yr old loves the Bronco. When I was putting the brakes in the back, he wanted to sit in the front and "pretend" he was driving. He was begging me to go for a drive. This is going to be a cool father/son project even if he is 3. ;D

Ethansdad73

Bronco Guru
I too have a little one - ethan 4yrs old and he loves broncos. I was going to let someone else say yes to a family roll cage, but then i read you have a little one... YES to the family roll cage. I had to test mine the hard way at it saved our lives. Even if you just do a mild lift it will be the best money ever spent if you have to test it.