• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Kayline soft door issues

JBL

Contributor
Hoping someone has an answer for me. The door handles within the frame of the soft doors are very loose. The inside handle has square tubing that fits into the outer handles and held in place with a set screw. The problem is the soft door frame has anoval hole for the square tubing to go through. I was wondering if maybe originally there was some sort of bushing in the oval hole to create fricton to hold the square tubing in place. I have two sets of these doors and this is the case for both sets so I have to believe they came from the factory like this. Any help would be appreicated. I hate to have to spend money to buy new doors if I can make these work.

Attachments

• Bronco (1).jpg
    Bronco (1).jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 47
  • Bronco (2).jpg
    Bronco (2).jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 42
  • Bronco 3.jpg
    Bronco 3.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 42

EPB72

Contributor
Loc.
Pleasant Hill, CA
I have and old set from the 80's and is the same as you pictured and atleast a 1/4 inch slop and the hole is more egged out then yours..my half doors have washers on both sides f the hole and have very little slop ,maybe u can do something similar and/or add a spring to make up the clearance but allow it to pivot...just going off memory as how they function haven't used mine for years,,,

DonaldDouchebag

Bronco Guru
Mine have slop. I think it needs to be there in order for the inside "lever" to fit over the fiberglass insert.

Have you not used these? I can mount mine and show you what they look like if it would help you to visualize.

.94 OR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Would some 3D printed bushings like this work?

Attachments

• Soft Door Latch.JPG
    Soft Door Latch.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 3