• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Kayline soft top

tasthree

Loc.
western NC
I came across a Kayline soft top for sale. Ad says mint condition with all hardware,storage bag and instructions. Didn't say if its a fast track or snap. My concern is the materials and how old this thing might be. When did Kayline Switch to STC. They are asking $525 which I feel is to much considering a Rampage is less than that.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Hhhhmm, someone else would have to chime in on the value, seems high to me too.

Miker

Bronco Guru
I purchased one on CL with no missing pieces for $250 that is in fine condition. Got it last summer.

airbur

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Castle Pines, CO
I heard a rumor that there may be someone in the Denver area that has purchased the Kayline design and is reproducing them. I haven't heard any updates though so not sure if true or not.

tk1218

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Flower Mound
I think I paid about 150 for mine last year. I had to get a new window in it, so it was not mint by any means.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Rampage bought the rights to STC/Kayline and is making them in China.

OP
OP
tasthree

tasthree

Loc.
western NC
Did some Googling last night and finally found I think that Kayline stopped production around the beginning of 2001. So that makes that top at least 10 yrs old. Even in mint condition I would have some question about its age. What would the life expectancy of the materials of a top be? How long have your Kaylines lasted? Its to far away from me to just go look at. I tried contacting the person but no response yet. I was thinking about $300 max and there are no doors in the ad.

OP
OP
tasthree

tasthree

Loc.
western NC
No way would I give them $525 for it even if I was on crack:). I was thinking about $300 max. Also for those of you that have went from a snap and roll up window to a zip out how did you like it. I've read that some people like not having to store the zip out and liked just having to roll them up.

Perry Brady

Loc.
Kennesaw, GA
I've had mine since 2000. It doesn't have the snaps. It has the plastic "U" channel, but I like it better than zip outs. I don't have a safe place to put windows when I'm in the woods. The top is in great shape. Garage kept though. I think it looks more rugged with the window rolled up. Plus, it's faster to roll them back down in the rain vs. trying to zip 3 windows back in.