• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Keep rear drums?

bknbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
North Metro, MN
Your way over thinking it man. Just do what i said earlyer. Do that to the front too since you found out you have front drums also. For 200 bucks you got new brakes front and rear. Piss on that 3 thousand dollar disk conversion, if thats what they want for the family rate get a new family. And also skip that power brake thing. Just get them drums working and drive it around. You can always change it years down the road. There is nothing wrong with the old school drum setup for now. Thats what i will have and dont plan on changing it for a few years. And dont worry about what they suggest as for other parts needed, there in the business to make money! Try looking at Jeffs Bronco Graveyard, there usually way cheeper than anybody else.

Just rebuild them drums as cheeply as you can and drive the truck! You can do brakes yourself in a few hours. You can do it yourself!!!!!!!!!

bknbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
North Metro, MN
If i lived near you id help you out and rebuild them drums for you for free if you had the parts on hand. Search out a bronco guy and tell him to help you out! Dont spend alot of money on it right off the bat, just get it up and running and keep it running. I tore mine apart 15 years ago and its still apart. Hopefully i get it on the road this summer for the first time in 15 years. Get it running and driving as cheeply as you can for now. Alot of these guys have alot of spendy parts on there rig and thats great after you own you truck and drive it for a while.

Just get it driving and enjoy it for a few days before you get all crazy:cool:!

Last edited:

bbonne10

Loc.
League City, TX
Slow down, drums work fine for everyday driving if they are in good condition and adjusted properly, they have for 100 years. I would not buy anything until you can evaluate the current condition of the entire braking system.

Disk brakes are nice and a good option for the front; however, once you start digging into that Bronco, you will probably need to spend the money on other parts!