• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

kellie's gettin a bronco!

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
well i got a call from a friend this morning who needs out of his project, so kellie's gonna buy it as soon as she gets her money from the accident. it's a '66 U140 with a 170. it needs tub work, and i can't decide if i want top rebuilt the 170 for her or find a 302 and C4.

stay tuned, we'll be needing parts! she wants to make a roadster out of it. it's gonna be her first vehicle, so this should be cool!!!! ;D

OP
OP
73stallion

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
hell it was a low speed impact, but kellie braced herself for it. we think she has ehlers danos syndrome, which makes her joints more fragile. she has 2 sprains in her middle back.

hope to see you next month when we're out there!

mkaenel

Bronco Guru
Loc.
La Costa, CA
When will you be here?

Matt

hell it was a low speed impact, but kellie braced herself for it. we think she has ehlers danos syndrome, which makes her joints more fragile. she has 2 sprains in her middle back.

hope to see you next month when we're out there!

mkaenel

Bronco Guru
Loc.
La Costa, CA
It will have to be late in your visit. I will be in Des Moines from I think the
23rd th the 27th. I will check with my secretary (Sarah) on my exact dates.

Will you be up in OC the entire time?

Matt

last weekend of december, from the 26th to the 30th.

OP
OP
73stallion

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
most of it. i'm supposed to see my sister and 2 brothers i think on sunday the 28th, maybe in SD county.

Dark Star

Loc.
Central USA
well i got a call from a friend this morning who needs out of his project, so kellie's gonna buy it as soon as she gets her money from the accident. it's a '66 U140 with a 170. it needs tub work, and i can't decide if i want top rebuilt the 170 for her or find a 302 and C4.

stay tuned, we'll be needing parts! she wants to make a roadster out of it. it's gonna be her first vehicle, so this should be cool!!!! ;D

Hi Ben, I’m not trying to be the stick in the mud, but why would you spend the initial money to purchase this, then have to spend the cash for all the parts down the road? It’s all great that you’re with the daughter and all, but y’all should be thinking about saving that money for those “my car broke down, I can’t get to work, They’ve cut my hours back or let me go, I have to see a sick relative can’t afford the airfare, gas is killing me”. What about if the “legal” problems come up again? How can you afford to take care of those when you spent the money on a Bronco for someone who I think can’t drive for a few years even? What about medical expenses, housing, education, clothing (lord knows a girl HAS to have clothing!).
I personally would think only about saving the money for that beautiful daughter of yours, she’s everything to you and buying her vehicles that she can’t even use for a couple of years seems like money ill spent.
In these bad economic times, one should be thinking of the future, saving money for food, medical, housing, education, not on a “Oh daddy, I really like that, please please get that for me”, you’ll learn to buy the correct things for her, not everything you’ll get her will make her happy, but you’ll have the satisfaction of knowing that you did the right thing by not getting her a Bronco at this time. Later when she’s older, maybe has a job of her own to afford the insurance and up-keep, both you & her can find just as good a deal on a Bronco and enjoy it even more when monies won’t be as tight.

DS

OP
OP
73stallion

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
i hear ya, believe me. i've been going over it in my mind, and i may have her wait till later to buy one thats at least all together. i went to a child support hearing today and they really dinged me. we'll be using every dime we get to live off of now. i'll be saving pennies from now till april just to get to go to katemcy.

damn, i'm gonna do that now...