• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Keystone fabrication??

u0061914

Loc.
Prior Lake, MN
Has anyone dealt with this guy?

I called him to order a bumper 5+ weeks ago. The 1st question I asked was " how long before you can finish it and ship". His reply was " we are pretty slow right now, so should be able to get it out in the next week and a half" Great. I can absolutely live with that. So I go ahead and place my order. As expected he immediately charges by credit card.

3 weeks later. no bumper. I sent him an email to which he replied " we are finishing up your bumper today. I will send you the tracking number later". Again, great. Another week goes by and no bumper. I sent him another email asking what the story is. No reply. Another week goes by, so I send another email. no reply, called him on the phone and left a message. No reply. He may have a decent bumper at a reasonable price, but he sucks at running a business. If it is going to be 6 weeks+, just tell me that. Flat out feeding me bullshit it not the way to go.

At this point, I am going to call my credit card company and see if there is anything I can do. I need a bumper so I need to look at alternatives.

Frustrating......

Broncitis

MEB Founder
I read another post about them recently but am not familiar with them. Where are they located?

Pops68

Contributor
Bronco Rookie
Loc.
Bazetta Township
I thought this was the guy from western PA? Or is that a different fab guy who has the same delivery issues. Has great looking bumpers at very competitive prices. I called and talked to him several years ago, because he is only 60 or so miles from me and I could have picked them up (no shipping fees!!!!). But I started reading similar stories about him and ended up buying from RCM Bronc on this site (Rob Carlson, I think from Wisconsin).

Anyway, he came through quickly as he had promised. Nice bumpers! Would have liked a bit more space between them and the rear body corners, but they are fine.

Pops

buck68

I ordered a rear bumper from keystone a couple years ago. He told me about two weeks or so for delivery. It came a couple days later than expected but we were really pleased with the product. I know some other people had similar issues. I hope he gets it delivered to you soon.

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
Tyler Atkinson(Keystone Fab) and I emailed back and forth in November. Quick responses and he answered all my questions. At that time he said it would be completed in a week. I wound up postponing the bumper order so I never sent him any money.

Im sure you'll get it and like it but the question is when

Scoop

Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
The fab shop in western PA with delivery issues is Logan's. Great bumpers but their CS, ontime delivery, and communications leave a bit to be desired! %)

Pops68

Contributor
Bronco Rookie
Loc.
Bazetta Township
Thanks, Scoop....issues sound almost identical between Keystone and Logan. I do recall Logan's is a small 1 or 2 man operation or something.... probably overbooks due to not wanting to lose any customers, but then can't keep up.

Pops

OP
OP
u0061914

u0061914

Loc.
Prior Lake, MN
I finally got a reply back from him yesterday

"Mike,
I just got back in to town this morning. You should have received the bumper a while back. I will get over to the shop here in a while and find out what the deal is. Sorry about the delay."

But... he never got back to me.

At this point, I am going to give him until the end of the day today. If no response, then I will call my credit card company and see if there is anything they can do to get my money back.

Frustrating to say the least

hsach

Contributor
Members Only
I finally got a reply back from him yesterday

"Mike,
I just got back in to town this morning. You should have received the bumper a while back. I will get over to the shop here in a while and find out what the deal is. Sorry about the delay."

But... he never got back to me.

At this point, I am going to give him until the end of the day today. If no response, then I will call my credit card company and see if there is anything they can do to get my money back.

Frustrating to say the least
Wow, that stinks. Answers like that from a business usually mean they are being deceptive on purpose. A good business owner would never respond like that, they would contact their guys/workers and find out what the deal is before answering you. If the shop is large, he needs to talk to the employees to find out what the status is. If the shop is small, he would know exactly what is going on with your bumper. I may be wrong, and I hope I am, but I have seen this type of answer far too often. Good luck.

Desert Rider

Loc.
Albuquerque
I purchased a rear bumper from Tyler (Idaho) about three years ago. Great bumper, worth the wait. Look at older threads regarding Tyler (Keystone Fab), and you will see the same issues with noncommunication, but he seems to always deliver albeit it can take months. Hang in there.

Desert Rider

Loc.
Albuquerque
I purchased a rear bumper from Tyler (Idaho) about three years ago. Great bumper, worth the wait. Look at older threads regarding Tyler (Keystone Fab), and you will see the same issues with non-communication, but he seems to always deliver albeit it can take months. Hang in there.

OP
OP
u0061914

u0061914

Loc.
Prior Lake, MN
I finally received my bumper today. I left some fairly angry toned emails and voicemails for Tyler last week demanding that he refund my money immediately. Apparently that got through to him. I would have to say that I am completely satisfied with the quality of the bumper given the price. My protofab bumpers on my other Bronco are better, but they were also trice the price. all in all a good value.

It really is too bad that his customer service skills are so bad. A little communication and honestly go a long way in my book. If he would have just told me up front " it might be as long as 6 weeks, but I'll try to get it sooner" I would have been completely fine with it.

Anyway, a little primer, paint and mount it up this week and I'll be set.