• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Kick Panel Speaker Pod Install

PNW

Going to install my Kick Panel Speaker Pods this weekend. Anyone have any recommendations/lessons learned on the install? Did you screw the panel in or use velcro to hold the panel in place?

omureebe

I used tek screws - probably 6 per pod - and foam tape to try and seal them better to the kick panel. Only issue I had was my 6" speakers weren't shallow enough, so I needed spacers. Oh and that also meant my parking brake pedal has to be relocated that much more... I better get that installed now that I think about it. Acoustically, can't say I got a lot of sound out of them compared to the rear speakers, but they definitely are working. Should be a pretty straight forward install for ya.

BanditBronco

I would only mount them 2 ways. I also used "sheet metal screws" to mount mine. The only other option I would consider would be using rivet nuts in the actual kick panel and bolting the speaker pod to the kick panel, technically a cleaner install then the self taping.

White Knight

Contributor
Kicker panel pods

Definitely want to use a shallow mount speaker. I used JBL GTO 629’s and you are going to have to move your E-brake

Attachments

• 618C4D7F-BDAE-4A78-9068-BB0583DEE460.png
    618C4D7F-BDAE-4A78-9068-BB0583DEE460.png
    80.7 KB · Views: 47
Last edited: