• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

kick panel speaker pods

CopperRanger

Bronco Guru
Thinking off getting the kick panel speaker pods from bronco hut. Has any one bought them, if so how do you like them, pros/cons how did you mount them. Looking for feedback, Thanks

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
There was an awesome thread on this awhile back. The glasser that makes them for Bronco Hut is a member here. I think JBZ or something like that. They are awesome pods. I want to get them too.

JGZ

Just dropped off 11 more sets to Bronco Hut.I think those are sold,but am making more right now.Thanks to everyone who has bought them.

JGZ

If I were to make them in a 6.5 version,what speakers would you like to run?I've looked into some JBL boat speakers but would like some input.

browngr5

Loc.
Eagle, Idaho
Speaker kicks

Nice work JGZ. Are you building rear quarters?

Attachments

• photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 325
  • Iphone 045.jpg
    Iphone 045.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 316

JGZ

Thanks.I've thought about doing some rear 1/4s.Just a lot of variables to deal with.That and time.You built some nice parts yourself.Are you still building.your parts?

gollott73

Loc.
biloxi

TJ.Harry

I'm also on board for the 6 1/2" pods. Let me know if these become available! The speakers I'm looking at are still under 2" in top mount depth so I wouldn't think it would affect the parking brake much more.

Buckeye Rob

Loc.
Hurst, TX
I just installed them with the recommended Alpine5 1/4" speakers. Happy with the pods, covered them in unbacked auto carpet. Relocating the parking brake is easy but with a manual trans you lose foot room but it is what it is if you want kicks. Might switch to a pullout parking brake later to get rid of the pedal and get the foot room back. Only thing I'm not loving is the off-axis response of the alpines absolutely sucks. The whole point of kicks is minimizing path length differences so the soundstage is centered. Will probably swap the speakers for something with an angled tweeter if I can find one shallow enough.
nu2atyjy.jpg

Last edited:

JGZ

I'm also on board for the 6 1/2" pods. Let me know if these become available! The speakers I'm looking at are still under 2" in top mount depth so I wouldn't think it would affect the parking brake much more.

So what are they?

browngr5

Loc.
Eagle, Idaho
Thanks.I've thought about doing some rear 1/4s.Just a lot of variables to deal with.That and time.You built some nice parts yourself.Are you still building.your parts?

You should build them. I'm selling rear sets at $1100 but I don't have a mold. Each piece is hand laid so they take about a week to build and a few days to prep for paint. If these were pressed into a mold it would be much faster and cost much less.
I have a few pics in "my garage" on here.

bkwfu

I think the Rockford fosgate marine speakers would look great in a bronco also:
Rockford Fosgate M262 6.5" 150W