• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Killer deal on Jerry cans

77bronco_ed

Bronco Guru
Correct those are the big mouth style I've never seen a spout for those but there aree usually the "normal" NATO cans on ebay also. Here's another source for new ones. http://www.fleetfarm.com/catalog/pr...ing+search&utm_campaign=google+product search

Not so much of a killer deal,the site you posted is about same price (- shipping of course)
Well looking at the weight I guess it is still decent saving figuring that shipping is included.

Bummer about not being able to get a spout. ordered one to give it a try anyway

bigcountry

Contributor
Bronco Guru
just curious, how much is an orginal 1940's can in good shape worth?

bigjhoov

nobody
I'd look for a Scepter MFC can. Much better, IMO. Nozzles for them are readily available or easy to make with some plumbing fittings and vinyl tube from the hardware store.

mattyq17

Bronco Guru
Not to hijack this thread, but :p what nozzle would I need to use this can? I have three of these cans. Thanks

Attachments

• gas can1.jpg
    gas can1.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 26
  • gas can2.jpg
    gas can2.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 20

surfer-b

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Here is a pic of the nozzles, the OEM is the larger and has the vent tube it also has a filter screen that screws into the end that can be removed.

Attachments

• j-can nozzle 002.jpg
    j-can nozzle 002.jpg
    273.6 KB · Views: 47

77bronco_ed

Bronco Guru
You can get the spouts from the German eBay the seller of theses cans said here is the link. If I could translate what they call them I would do a google search but I can't read german.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150542056939&category=37402&_trksid=p5197.c0.m619

used on line English to German conversion ;) typed in a few words, he should understand...
I want to make sure it fits I may order one.
The can arrived it is nice, brand new.

-Ed

77bronco_ed

Bronco Guru
Getting conflicting answers. They fellow that selling the spout said yes. I then sent him the link to the german can and he said no. The guy that selling the German can said yes that spout is the correct type?

?:?

Greg_B

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cohutta, GA
My guess is no. It looks too small. The guys over at the Expedition portal went through this same thing with the same Ebay auction a few months ago. The only person who found a spout to fit that can got it off the Ebay UK site if I remember correctly. I may be wrong but it seems like he paid like 75 bucks for the spout and shipping.

Greg