• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Klune V

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
I know several people who run them in Toyota's but not in a Bronco. The Bronco version is kind of spendy and getting close-ish to a 3 speed, but I would love to run one myself...

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
A buddy of mine runs one in his Bronco. It's been in for a while now. They add a bit of length to your drive train. He's also running a Tru Hi 9. Between the cost of those two, it would be cheaper to go with a StaK 3 speed B box.

Madgyver

Contributor
Bronco Madman
I have one. Never installed it yet. Gotto build the truck first. After I'm done with my many other projects.%)

OP
OP
shamu

shamu

Lucky as the day is long.
Loc.
Sachse,Tx
klune

A buddy of mine runs one in his Bronco. It's been in for a while now. They add a bit of length to your drive train. He's also running a Tru Hi 9. Between the cost of those two, it would be cheaper to go with a StaK 3 speed B box.

With a Klune and a high 9 the cost seems to be $5000. So I will post what about Stak tcase. Or add a 3 or 4 link in the rear.
Thanks

BroncoDawg

Loc.
Bishop, CA
Know of a half dozen EBs running Klunes, including myself, with either c4 or manual and it works tits! Only adds 6 3/4" to the driveline and all I did was clock the 9" upward for a better u-joint angle. Amazing what the 4.1 underdrive does for crawling capability and you get four ranges vesus the factory high and low!!! Does require custom crossmember, but not a huge deal to build. Greg at Klune really ought to design and include a crossmember for EBs, but who am I to say. haha

The Atlas and Stak 4 speeds are really just a 2 speed with a planetary gear box, much like the Klune, added to the 2 speed TC.

Best $2,500 improvement I ever spent on my rig, but the Atlas and Stak have desirable plusses that many prefer over the Klune. Research and learn them and make your own call. Good luck.

Last edited:

broncokak

Bronco Guru
I just got one a few weeks back. Won the discount gift certificate at the Round Up this summer otherwise I think I would have gone with the 203 doubler. My buddy has the 203 and it is only 2:1...can't wait to see what the 4:1 is like. If all goes well it will go in next spring with a new engine / tranny.

I will add that the folks at High-Impact were great to deal with and my unit was shipped in no time.

Last edited:

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Does the Klune require removal of the governor from the C4?