• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Kudos to a fellow member!

g8rb8t

Bronco Guru
Just wanted to publicly thank another member Phred (Brett) in Atlanta for giving up half of his Saturday to help me and teach me about my steering linkage set-up and how to take it apart (and put it back together).

This site (and members like him) are the main reason I got my Bronco and I'm very thankful for you guys.

I look forward to learning many more things from you experienced guys out there.

Thanks Phred!

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Nice.. Go Phred... Great fellow members we have, for surer

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
way to go brother!!! very cool that helping hand pitches in....

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Phred saved my life once...I'm tearing up as I type this.;D

howiebilt

Bronco Buddah
Loc.
Newton
I heard that Chuck Norris removed one of his own kidneys and ate it because he was low on iron and Phred gave him one of his to borrow, until Chuck's grows back :eek: :eek: :eek:

Way to go Phred ;D ;D ;D

There really are a bunch of good folks on this site...glad Phred is one of them;)

howiebilt

phred

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
Ah now Bill, I didn't really save your life more like slept in your truck while on guard duty. The kidney story got blown out of proportion I only gave ole Chucky boy some A1 sauce so he could choke down his own kidney.

g8rb8t I enjoyed helping you Saturday and had fun watching you do most of the work while I ate the dounts you brought. Anytime you got a problem let me know and I'll be glad to help out.

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Ah now Bill, I didn't really save your life more like slept in your truck while on guard duty. .

Yr too modest. The way I remember it, some rogue ATV gang showed up to vandalize my rig and you ripped the arm off of one of 'em and used it to beat him with and also disable his ride. The rest fled in horror. What di you ever do with that arm anyways?...I heard a rumor that you had it stuffed and mounted. Of course Mo slept through the entire episode.%)

Actually. I was really referring to the time you single-handedly stopped my tow rig with trail rig on trailer behind it, from falling over that cliff. The soles of yr PF Flyers were melting on the asphalt as I recall...even the veins in yr teeth were bulging..but you stopped 'er. ;D I still have the patch of seat upholstery that was ripped out by my butt cheeks..I carry it in my wallet as a momento.

phred

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
Ah shucks! Didn't want that story to get out as it may embarrass Mo. The arm as I recall we ate cause we missed dinner that night. Stopping the truck from going over the cliff, well "t'weren't nothin'"

HoosierDaddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Good Gawd , judging by the size of these stories , I thought for sure all you guys would be from Texas.

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Go easy there. I seen what happened to the last feller what went and pissed Phred off. His roundhouse sent the guy in to orbit. You been watching the news about that new planet that NASA just discoverd that is orbiting backwards?? Well there ya go...the rest of the story.;D :cool:

Mac2Night

Bronco Guru
Brad,

So what did you finally go with and do you see/feel a difference? Brett is the best (as is everyone I have ever met on here). Heck, he even told me he thought my new Cheby pickup looked nice! ;D

Looking forward to seeing you out and about in my old ride soon (hopefully when the weather cools off some). Did you take the kids to school in her this year?

Mac

Just wanted to publicly thank another member Phred (Brett) in Atlanta for giving up half of his Saturday to help me and teach me about my steering linkage set-up and how to take it apart (and put it back together).

This site (and members like him) are the main reason I got my Bronco and I'm very thankful for you guys.

I look forward to learning many more things from you experienced guys out there.

Thanks Phred!

OP
OP
g8rb8t

g8rb8t

Bronco Guru
Brad,

So what did you finally go with and do you see/feel a difference? Brett is the best (as is everyone I have ever met on here). Heck, he even told me he thought my new Cheby pickup looked nice! ;D

Looking forward to seeing you out and about in my old ride soon (hopefully when the weather cools off some). Did you take the kids to school in her this year?

Mac

Hey Mac - Sorry I missed this way back when....I ended up going with the Wildhorses T Set-up. It was a straight bolt in with no reaming and have been loving it ever since....