• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

largest tire for cut bronco 1" bl

riverick

Loc.
Barstow, Ca.
What would be the largest tire I could fit on my stock 75 without cutting the metal or lifting ? I am very new to owning a Bronco . I am not sure if I want to lift it yet or not . I will be testing 33,s on it next week but some insite would be helpful. THANKS !

Justafordguy

Bronco Guru
What would be the largest tire I could fit on my stock 75 without cutting the metal or lifting ? I am very new to owning a Bronco . I am not sure if I want to lift it yet or not . I will be testing 33,s on it next week but some insite would be helpful. THANKS !

Are the back fenders cut out? If not you won't get a 33" on there without a lot of lift.

riverick

Loc.
Barstow, Ca.
But, Before I do cut, is it a close fit getting a 33 under there ? Would a 32 do the trick ?
I am still running a million ideas around in my head as to how I want to go. Lift ? Tire size ? transmission ? Gears etc.....
I do appreciate your reply.

broncobsession

Bronco Guru
But, Before I do cut, is it a close fit getting a 33 under there ? Would a 32 do the trick ?
I am still running a million ideas around in my head as to how I want to go. Lift ? Tire size ? transmission ? Gears etc.....
I do appreciate your reply.

Do some searches to check pics for yourself but my personal favorites are 3.5" lift with 33x10.5 or 2.5" lift with 31x10.5.

Some good examples off the top of my head for uncut lifted with these tires is mdw_75bronco, ak3b, zillacon, j-man, and jsmall. All really beautiful trucks. Best part if you went with 3.5" lift and 33 is that even after cutting the metal it would still look good and fairly proportionate. Good luck with your choice.

JimAndA72

Loc.
Beaverton, Oregon
Here are a couple pics of mine before the 1" BL with brand new 33 x 12.5- 15's. They tuck up in there really nice. I added a 1" BL later because of other clearance issues not related to tires/suspension.

Attachments

• temporary 074.jpg
    temporary 074.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 43
  • temporary 070.jpg
    temporary 070.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 41
  • temporary 081.jpg
    temporary 081.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 34
  • temporary 077.jpg
    temporary 077.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 36
  • temporary 078.jpg
    temporary 078.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 26
  • temporary 072.jpg
    temporary 072.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 32

riverick

Loc.
Barstow, Ca.
Looking at zillacon's pictures and it looks like there is room to spare for those 33's. Nice ! I will have to check the others later. Thanks again.

BronCowie

Contributor
Old Timer
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
33X12.5s with a 2.5" SL and old school rear flares. I had to trim the leading edge on the flares just to be able to drive it on the street. When Im off-road they rub on all four corners/leading edges when I get to bouncing around. I'm gonna get those flares that Jim has which means trimming all of the leading edges an inch or two and see if that works. Next step will most likely be a 1" BL.

DSCN2574.jpg

tinytim02

Contributor
Here's my uncut with a 1" BL. 31x10.5x15 on factory Ford slots. Its a real tight fit in the rear. Granted, my 40-yr old rear springs are sagging a little. I've got new 2.5" BCB 9-pack leafs and Deaver coils going in soon. No way I could fit a 33X12.5 now, probably not even with the new SL. 33x10.5 maybe.

Attachments

• DSCN0191a.jpg
    DSCN0191a.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 29
  • DSCN0194a.jpg
    DSCN0194a.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 23

JimAndA72

Loc.
Beaverton, Oregon
33X12.5s with a 2.5" SL and old school rear flares. I had to trim the leading edge on the flares just to be able to drive it on the street. When Im off-road they rub on all four corners/leading edges when I get to bouncing around. I'm gonna get those flares that Jim has which means trimming all of the leading edges an inch or two and see if that works. Next step will most likely be a 1" BL.

DSCN2574.jpg

Your Bronco's looking great, Mark..