• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

largest tire on a 15x7

miikee73

Shadetree Guru
Loc.
Aloha
what is the largest tire that you can put on a 15x7 alloy slot wheel. some came up for sale,but I'm thinking I need to hold out for 8's.

casadejohnson

Bronco Alchemist
I always thought that the tire should not be more than about 4 inches wider so 10.5 inch wide tires would be good. Most 31's are 10.5" my 35's are 12.50" and I think they would be a little much for 7" rim. I'm keeping my eye out for 7" slots for my uncut 66 and 10" for my 74 with 35's.

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
You can fit 35X12.5'son a 7" rim. Now the challenge could be finding a shop that will do it! I know a few folks that run that combo with success, but they have had issues from time to time finding a shop that is willing to do tire repairs...

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
i used to race a class 8 truck with 35's on the front with 7's.
it's skinny, 8 or 10's are better imop

burntfish

Loc.
ouray, co
I run my 35x13.5x15 krawlers on a 15x8 with no issues. I have had them down to 6 psi and they hold up great. They where a pain to mount and I did them myself.

burntfish

Loc.
ouray, co
Here is the lube you ordered for big tire little rim installs.

BlinkFluid.jpg

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Depending on how you have your Bronco set up, a set of 32 x 11.50's, or maybe even 33 x 11.50's would work perfectly, look good, and fit without lift on a cut Bronco. Pretty tight on the rear of an uncut, but if the fenders are cut they're a perfect size.
I've always used the same rule-of-thumb that casadejohnson spoke of. Tires should be at least 2, but usually not more than 4 inches wider than the wheel. Plenty of hard-core users and, evidently, members here, using 12.50's on 7's though. And very common practice in the old desert racing days, so you at least know that it works.
As always, you adjust your air pressure to match your vehicle/usage/wheel/tire combination.

Paul