• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Largest Tire With Stock Suspension Height?

ddrass

Hi all:

What's the largest tire you can fit on a cut 69 Bronco with stock (that is, no lift) suspension? Also, anyone know where you can get a new, complete Dana 44? Thanks so much!

-Dave

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
With stock suspension you can run a 32 or 33 inch tire as long as you have flares. All flares are not equal though, some are bigger than others. These are my Broncos. Tan one has 33X12.50s with KbarS fiberglass flares. Orange one has 33X12.50s with war flares. Both trucks are stock suspension, no body lift.

Attachments

• bronco in drivewy edit.jpg
    bronco in drivewy edit.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 153
  • bronco at railing sm.jpg
    bronco at railing sm.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 154

Hnrys69

Bronco Guru
i ran 32's on mine for awhile. If I would have done the fender flairs to the top I would have fit 33's np and still had it look good.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Cut and flared front and rear. Ran 33's for a couple of year. No rubbing issues other then radius arms which you can expect out of 33's with any amount of lift unless you do long arms with offsets in them.

Broncoman

Bronco Guru
31x10.50 was as big as I could fit with stock height and Bushwacker flares. Flares were big enough. The tires will hit the inner fender under full flex. Cut my tires a few times before I bent the lip over on the inner fender.

Attachments

• 533.jpg
    533.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 76
  • hill3.jpg
    hill3.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 55
  • hill4.jpg
    hill4.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 45
OP
OP
D

ddrass

Thanks

Thanks guys! You're all sporting some nice looking Broncos. What size wheels are you running?

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
I have 15X8 classic II's right from Summit Racing. As far as the rubbing on radius arms, you really have to crank the wheel to get them to rub but yes, they do rub a little. :)