• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Las Vegas 73 Bronco

LV73Bronco

I want to do a frame off restoration but need you all to help me decide which product is the best and why. Price of item and a website to research it. Look at the list below and give me your opinions. This Bronco will be used for hunting, fishing, camping, and daily driver. If you disagree with someone replying please let me know why and recommend what you think would be better.

Remember I'm new to this website so be gentle. I have a company in mind to do the restoration but would like to hear who you think would be best to use. I would like to keep the restoration under 50k so please keep that in mind when recommending items.

1973 BRONCO PARTS LIST

1. More leg room, seats need to be electric, with heated seats.
2. Seat belts for the rear bench.
3. Navigation and a GPS system.
4. Led lights. To include light bar on roof.
5. Electric windows.
6. Electric power locks and a remote start, plus a really good alarm. See if I can get lo-jack.
7. Led light system plus extra kc lights. Maybe even spot lights. Fog lights.
8. Rear gate to hold gas can, full size tire, and extra big jack. Or jack and shovel on roof??
9. Tow package to tow my boat and trailer
10. Possibly stretch body to make it longer but not a 4 door (to expensive)
11. Anti lock brakes.
12. Check to make sure I have posey traction.
13. 4.5 inch lift with 35s or 37 with 5.5 inch lift
14. Powder coat frame
15. Largest gas tank possible with a durable skid plate.
16. Truck vault box for the rear.
17. Black LineX for body
18. Tags with Bronco and Ranger on the vehicle.
19. Air conditioning for front and rear.
20. Icon bumpers so I have storage.
21. New leather seat maybe captain chairs?
22. Power inverter with a spare battery to run normal plugs.
23. Navigation and radio with xm serious
24. Heavy duty rubber floor for easy wash out
25. Soft top for when I remove hard top
26. Sound dampening insulation on floor
27. New window seals
28. Adjustable steering column
29. Coyote engine with fuel injection or possibility of V6 echo boost
30. Roof rack with highest weight to include off-road. Reinforce top.
31. wipers going from bottom of window instead of top?
32. Full roll cage attached to frame so it is sturdy. Plus padding and grab handles. 6 point or 8 point
33. Winch with rope 12k
34. air shocks and putting an air compressor or air brakes
35. Run flats maybe??
36. Snorkel kit for engine.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 129

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
You're over 50K Bud. Maybe way over.

I hope that list is adjustable.

Do you have any special needs personally that cause you to want things like Run Flats and stuff.
Some of what you are asking for is "not typical", and "non typical" can get dangerously expensive fast Bro.

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
Your over $50K in parts there, if your paying a shop $50-90 per hour, you can figure you'll be in the six figure's when your finished... This is the REALITY of paying to have thing's built!

ABS in a Bronco is a terrible idea especially if you want to wheel it. 4 door's can be done, front AND rear A/C can be done, truck 'vault, 50 extra lights all over the place, more leg room, 'tow package'... Your list is awfully close to describing a JK with a Hemi conversion to me?

Call Nickstrix and see what he says.

broncoman1972

Bronco Guru
Your list is awfully close to describing a JK with a Hemi conversion to me?

Call Nickstrix and see what he says.

Hate to say it, but this is what I thought. The JK might be the way to go with this one. ...and anyone who knows me knows how much it pains me to say that. I just don't see paying a shop to do a quality rebuild of a classic 4x4 with some of the latest engineered upgrades within the budget you have mentioned. It would be very hard to build it yourself for that price. It does sound like a interesting build and something up Nickstrix's alley, but it'll cost ya.

KBUCK1

I don't think the guy is serious. Maybe I'm wrong. Stretching the bronco alone will eat up a big portion of your budget.

You want navigation and gps. What's the difference?
Then you want navigation with xm radio. How many navigation systems you need?

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
You are looking at a healthy 6 figure build, specially if you are paying someone to do it. I would contact Nick at Nicks Trix as I know he is doing several with some of the options you mentioned but be forewarned, he has a healthy wait list. I know on my build, I have most of what you are wanting sans the nav and electric seats, coyote etc. and am well north of 40K in parts on mine alone with me doing all of the work. I think your wants and needs need to be addressed, wanting more leg room and electric seats is going to kill your head height no matter how you go about it. I originally wanted electric seats and ditched them for Celica seats and added heaters to them. I gained 2" of head room plus more leg room as well as full adjustability. All those motors to give you adjustment come at a cost of mounting height. Teeing the cage into the frame will add major rigidity as well as stiffen the ride, if you are planning rock crawling I would say it is a must but if you want comfort and safety for mostly minor trails and street, then not so much, the sacrifice is not worth the gain. Posting a list like that and leaving the budget out begs for a lot of questions...

doghows72

Bronco Guru
He did say keep it under 50k. But I agree with all the previous statements. This is easily 100k+.
Have you see the Icon bronco? I think those are going into the 200k range and don't have all the bells and whistles in your list. Good luck.

smokinjoe

Bronco Guru
Loc.
New Braunfels, TX
I don't think this is being very realistic, perhaps just uninformed. If you double your budget you MIGHT be able to get most of this done farming it out, assuming your tuck is rock solid perfect to begin w/, but 50K? That might be JUST your parts budget!

Go buy a modern truck. ...

This ^ Maybe wait and see if the new Bronco is coming out. Or a 6 figure Icon %)

Air brakes???? Really, like on a semi? :eek: How on Earth do air brakes factor in, your 3/4 and 1 ton pickups run hydraulic brakes!?? I'm not entirely sure you're serious.

AZ73

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Air conditioning for front and rear? For starters I would sell your bronco and start from scratch. With everything you want, you'll be tossing 90% of your current Bronco.

OP
OP
LV73Bronco

LV73Bronco

36. Is not a joke when I hunt in Oregon I go through streams and would like to look into a snorkel kit. My budget for those that are interested is 50k

Wingo4x4

Loc.
Myrtle Beach
50k may get you the parts and that's a maybe. Labor and time will put you way over that. Did you see a bronco you liked and want to build one similar to it? Sounds like you are searching for a unicorn.