• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Last update -- figured it out! -- Another power steering box question......

Pedestrian

Bronco Missionary
This is why I suggested haveing someone watch the worm while the steering wheel was turned, to make sure the piston didn't rotate.

Anyway, glad you got it figured out.

OP
OP
luderchris

luderchris

Bronco Guru
Loc.
SouthEast PA
This is why I suggested haveing someone watch the worm while the steering wheel was turned, to make sure the piston didn't rotate.

Anyway, glad you got it figured out.

Right. That's why I said at the top of this page that I thought that might be it, but I wasn't 100% sure what you meant and asked you to explain further. The piston wasn't rotating as you turned the wheel, but it had at some point earlier and stopped 180* from the correct position.

Thank you for your help. Although it sometimes gets frustrating, I am learning tons working on this rig. And this place is always a huge help!