• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Leaking coolant

kaw550

Bronco Guru
I found a spot in the driveway the other day. I thought it was transmission fluid or oil from the rear main seal. I am knee deep in other projects and was too upset to even look at it.

I crawled under it to day to find it was coolant. It is leaking from the drivers side back of the block near the firewall. Its it is actually dripping from the bolting surface of the oil pan.

I could not see anything dripping down the side of the block.

Does it sound like a head gasket? Is there a freeze plug on that side of the block?

I wont be able to look at it in daylight until saturday.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
very hard to say theres 3 freeze plugs on both sides of the block. Could be a intake leak that is just running down the edge of the heads to the back of the block doubt its a head gasket leak. could also be a timing cover/water pump leak.