• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

leaking rear axle seal, the new one!

jasonv

So the bronco has been sitting in the garage for the last month or two as I use up the last miles on my leased truck. Today walking through the garage the sunlight highlighted the newest item on my to-do list.

Of course it's the new seal that is leaking. The old seals were 20+ years old and worked just great, grrrrrrr. Oh well I've been neglecting bronco, now it gets some love.

jason

Attachments

• IMG_1627.jpg
    IMG_1627.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 48
OP
OP
J

jasonv

nope that was just me jumping to conclusions. Axle seals were the last thing I did therefore they must be the problem...

However, after your very sharp question I see that the brake fluid level is low in the little reservoir when I actually checked it.

Good call. Perhaps I would have figured it out when I pulled the wheel off but I think you just saved me a bunch of time. :)

Thanks,
Jason

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Lol I just noticed that it appeared todry up a little like brake fluid does. gear oil doesnt usually do that.