• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

LEBC at Katemcy Rocks

marriedguy1

Loc.
San Antonio, TX
I thought that John's rig was un-cut? I thought it was his rig I saw at Brutal Off Road last year and it wasn't cut at that time. Also is that Landis in the back ground. I also saw his rig at Brutal that same weekend. I was there picking up my little mule at the time.

OP
OP
tx1ton

tx1ton

Loc.
Boerne, TX
Marriedguy,
you're right on all accounts. John has a very slick setup to swap out the rear sheet metal, so when he trails it he's got the cut ones on, other times it transforms to uncut with some simple bolts - very trick!

And yeah that's landis in the background...we all had a great time!

Here's another of Landis' rig before the body modifications were applied...

Attachments

• 500.jpg
    500.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 195
OP
OP
tx1ton

tx1ton

Loc.
Boerne, TX
Notice the Jee&s in the background...stay awaaaay from the big dog, farrrr farrr awayyyy...

68Sport

It was definitely a good time. My first trip to Katemcy, but it won't be my last. Keep the pics coming Joe. I didn't get too many, but I'll post a few as well.

68Sport

Chris T...

Attachments

• katemcy 2004 014.jpg
    katemcy 2004 014.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:

68Sport

Paul M. and Conan...

Attachments

• katemcy 2004 017.jpg
    katemcy 2004 017.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
OP
OP
tx1ton

tx1ton

Loc.
Boerne, TX
Nice one's Stewart! Here's one of you in action...

Attachments

• jack-3daysold05.jpg
    jack-3daysold05.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 208
OP
OP
tx1ton

tx1ton

Loc.
Boerne, TX
And Craig Ellis' Blue Bird - ultra cool uncut with skinny Super Swampers!

Attachments

• wiper 1.jpg
    wiper 1.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 208

68Sport

Blue Bird rules!

We are probably only amusing ourselves, but i'm enjoying the pics.

Attachments

• brbatterycablesa.jpg
    brbatterycablesa.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 208
OP
OP
tx1ton

tx1ton

Loc.
Boerne, TX
Come on out and play Phils70! We're more than happy to have any TX EB's join in the fun. Just beware the darkside guys...they have a way of corrupting you. One moment you're thinking "hey, I just want to enjoy a nice easy Sunday cruise to the supermarket and show off my ride" and the next moment you'll be snorting burnt rubber and wondering if you just hit the fenders a bit more with the sawzall if you can fit those 40" MTR's in. Too you'll immediately turn your Dana30 into a window planter and replace it with a stoutly built 44 or better yet a 60 with killer axles and a locker or spool... Come on over with caution, these guys are great but the fun is waaaayyyyy adictive!

I'll shamelessly pimp a picture of my rig now as it's in it's early transformation stages to the Dark Side....

Oh yeah, check out the LEBC site at http://www.lonestar-ebc.com/LEBCPortal.asp and come on join in the mahem!

Attachments

• ssr\'s on the bronco 003.jpg
    ssr\'s on the bronco 003.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 134

phils70

Loc.
Rosenberg, Texas
tx1ton

That's purdy. Is that just a body lift, no suspension lift? If so does it rub bad?

I've been debating swaping my HP44 out of my '78 F150 for the D30. But, I think I'll get the mud truck running then sell it/trade it for an EB Dana 44.

First though, I wanna break all my Dana 30 spares!;D If I cut my fenders and bolt on my 35" Mudders, that should take care of all my spares.;)

I'll be joining you all soon, long drive though, I'm south of Houston.

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
phils70 said:
tx1ton

That's purdy. Is that just a body lift, no suspension lift? If so does it rub bad?

I've been debating swaping my HP44 out of my '78 F150 for the D30. But, I think I'll get the mud truck running then sell it/trade it for an EB Dana 44.

First though, I wanna break all my Dana 30 spares!;D If I cut my fenders and bolt on my 35" Mudders, that should take care of all my spares.;)

I'll be joining you all soon, long drive though, I'm south of Houston.

Come on up July 24 for the Wheelin Ranch run then! It'll be a good time, and I'd bet you can find something out there to demolish your axle if you so desire.

Yeah, Joe's got the sickness pretty bad. Those are new 35" SSR's on there and the picture does them little justice. He's just got the body lift on it now, but there is a 3-1/2" suspension kit in the wings, just waiting for the right weekend to slap it under there. He's gonna be sportin something pretty killer soon.

OP
OP
tx1ton

tx1ton

Loc.
Boerne, TX
Yeah, Joe's got the sickness pretty bad. Those are new 35" SSR's on there and the picture does them little justice. He's just got the body lift on it now, but there is a 3-1/2" suspension kit in the wings, just waiting for the right weekend to slap it under there. He's gonna be sportin something pretty killer soon. [/B][/QUOTE]

Yep, Jason's right on...one of these weekends when the boss leave's me alone long enough the 3.5" lift is going in! It does rub a bit on a dip at full turn...sounds like hell but does no real damage I can see. I had to take a sawzall to it for now to get to be able to drive it on the street with the new tires but could not think of off road until the lift is done. I also have a set of Wareflares ready to go on - but I like the no flare look so much I'm second guessing them!

There's a lot of Houston LEBC folks so don't feel you have to run up to Dallas to join up with a great group of folks - though we're more than happy to meet up with ya at any of the runs upcoming!

Joe