• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

LED Light bar in front bumper

NYC Bronco

Anyone have a hole cut into the front bumper between the mounting bolts a flush mounted a small (maybe 14"?) LED light bar? I'd love to see pictures and learn about what you did.

As far as mounting the bar to the bumper, I was thinking maybe JB Weld to inside of the bumper or possibly some welds but I;d concerned about the heat discoloring the front of the bumper. which are OEM style.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Don't expect JB weld to hold. How will you be treating the raw cut edges so they don't rust?
If you cut the hole as a sideways H you could bend the metal back to make mounting tabs. No welding.

LSUpete

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I did exactly what you're describing. I also added some recessed rock lights on the underside of the bumper.

IMG_0620.jpg IMG_1034.JPG IMG_7766.jpg

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
If your bumper has bumperette holes you can use those holes with bumper bolts to mount the lights.