• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

LED Sequential Tail Light

Bogar

I was thumbing through Bronco Driver #79 and saw the ad for United Pacific sequential tail light. Seems cool and would definitely get the attention of other drivers (not the ones texting tho). Has anyone seen these in person or possibly have them? Looks like they can be had from Summit for $79.99.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
I understand it for horizonal tail lights, old T-birds were the originals. Mustangs have it today.

How would you do it on a tall skinny light?

JSmall

Bronco Guru
I have them and they work great. I would get you some pics if my Bronco wasn’t apart right now. They install was very straight forward.

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
I have them and they work great. I would get you some pics if my Bronco wasn’t apart right now. They install was very straight forward.
Can you really tell they're directional with our skinny vertical tail lights on the Bronco? Like Broncobowsher said, they work well on horizontal tail lights like Cougars, but I'm having a hard time picturing them on Broncos.

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Link to Summit. Because some of us have to....
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/upd-ftl6772led-l/overview/make/ford/model/bronco

Reviews are good. Only 3 reviews so far.

I think anything red and flashing is better than solid. Get people’s attention.

Also it appears you can disable the flash effect and go with all three on.
I don't think those are the sequential ones.

Try this:
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/upd-110497/overview/make/ford/model/bronco

JSmall

Bronco Guru
Can you really tell they're directional with our skinny vertical tail lights on the Bronco? Like Broncobowsher said, they work well on horizontal tail lights like Cougars, but I'm having a hard time picturing them on Broncos.

There is a video of mine floating around here somewhere. I’ll see if I can find it.

I got mine from forum member Badmuttstang

MarsChariot

Contributor
Planetary Offroader
Loc.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
That works a lot better than I thought it would. Pretty cool. May need this for my 72 patina build!

OP
OP
Bogar

Bogar

I like it and gotta have them now! Thanks for sharing.

BigB

That made me tense watching how fast that flashed! I'd hate to have an angry driver following me ;D

I did order the non sequential set after reading this thread.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
That made me tense watching how fast that flashed! I'd hate to have an angry driver following me ;D

I did order the non sequential set after reading this thread.

The catalog writeup said that you needed to use their flasher too. Maybe this install didn't use the new flasher causing it to blink fast?

BigB

The catalog writeup said that you needed to use their flasher too. Maybe this install didn't use the new flasher causing it to blink fast?

That makes sense. I wonder if the "tall and skinny" of the actual light adds to the effect?

I had a quick look on their website when I purchased. It mentioned needing the flasher if you have both front and rear led's. I have normal globes up front at the moment but purchased the flasher just in case and to save on shipping.

I will post back once I install them to let everyone know if you do need the flasher with only rears. I'm sure I read someplace (perhaps a review) that the rears were installed without flasher and worked correctly.

This is for the non sequential.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I saw them at SEMA - they were flashing in a display but not installed in a vehicle. Definitely sequential in appearance even though they were tall-n-skinny and not wide like the T-Bird taillights. I believe I mentioned them in my Bronco Driver article in the most recent issue.

Todd Z.