• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Left and Right Radius Arms?

zeusakira

Loc.
Butler, PA
Can some one tell me which one goes where? I see one difference which is the slight angle of the mating surface. Are the caps(or whatever they call the other part to the radius arm) the same? Where can I get those odd looking bolts?

mgweiss

Loc.
Denver
As far as I know both sides are the same. The C caps are matched to the arm so don't swap them around. Don't know about the bolts.

welndmn

Bronco Guru
its all the same, the caps, the arms and what not, all the same, put em on by what ever is siting closest to you

EricLar80

Bronco Guru
[quote author=welndmn link=board=5;threadid=9012;start=0#64425 date=1031848341]<br>its all the same, the caps, the arms and what not, all the same, put em on by what ever is siting closest to you<br>[/quote]<br><br>He's kidding.

rulebreaker

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Manton MI
The left and right arms are different. Trust me I know. I tried switching them. It wont bolt up right. Try 1 if it dont fit try the other.

67halfcab

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Michigan
OK, I took a look at a mint set I have in my garage and the Arms ARE NOT DIFFERENT!!!!

Part No for the DS = C6TA-3405-A
Part No for the PS = C6TA-3405-A

Now this doesn't mean that the caps are not different or matched Just that the Arms themselves are the same as they have the same Ford part numbers meaning they are the SAME at least on the set I have.

The perches that are welded on the axle are welded at an angle which angles the arm inward to meet up with the frame mount.

tonto

Bronco Guru
Dude there is no left or right arm, one size fits all. You’re supposed to keep the cap with the arm it came off of but I've mixed them up and not noticed a problem. Good Luck, Francois.

76Broncofromhell

Bronco Totalitarian
Loc.
Reno, NV
I have two sets of radius arms here and I can tell you there is no difference side to side or on the caps. The only way to even tell is which way the rivet is facing on the shock mount.

rulebreaker

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Manton MI
[quote author=tonto link=board=5;threadid=9012;start=0#64652 date=1031898074]<br>Dude there is no left or right arm, one size fits all. You’re supposed to keep the cap with the arm it came off of but I've mixed them up and not noticed a problem. Good Luck, Francois.<br>[/quote]The cap mating area is on a different angle L to R. I tried moving my PS to the DS and it would bolt up but it would be at an angle and it would bunch up the c bushing. With the naked eye I could not see the difference but there deffinitly is one.

welndmn

Bronco Guru
errgh~!<br>They are the same, no left no right, belive me, i have like 6 EB arms and 4 Fullsize arms, all the same (exept the bolt for the coil pad.<br><br>The caps are not matched set either. nothing machined to be with one part, would use a bushing, the bushing is in the the "C" to take up differences between the arms ans caps.<br><br>This is a very common "old wives tale" that the caps and arms go together

rulebreaker

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Manton MI
This is a post from Howiebuilt Read on!<br>Sr. Member<br><br>Newton , Iowa <br>Posts: 784<br><br><br><br>Wyld Stalyuns rock and Broncos are really just mustangs with a thyroid problem !<br> <br>WWW | E-Mail | Instant Message (Offline) Re:Naked women in EB<br>« Reply #12 on: 08/20/02 11:37 PM » | Reply with quote <br><br>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br>There is a right and left radius arm ...they don't interchange . You really can't tell until you put them side by side and look at them , but there is a difference ..................................you could have at least took a pic of a baby chicken driving your bronco ..................................or something <br> Report to moderator Logged <br><br>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br>Once you get past the fact that I'm crazy...we'll get along just fine...and remember , it's Howiebilt not howiebought ! <br>

68bullit

if you have arms from variuos years and for pick ups as well there is at least 1 difference.<br><br>the bolts that hold the lower coil bucket they are further apart on one then the other.i believe the ebs are farther aprt then the pick pnes but cant remember right off hand.<br><br>also a truck with front dual shock mounts must have something weled or roveted to mount the lower mount.does anyone know for sure?

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
Wow....I have never seen such a division in opinions.....we truly need a expert here.....anyone seen Chuck?

brokenhorse

Bronco Builder
Loc.
Wisconsin
Mine were both off blasted pored and put back on in no special order SHe drives pretty well down the road I must have got lucky ?:?

67halfcab

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Michigan
[quote author=rulebreaker link=board=5;threadid=9012;start=#64881 date=1031970619]<br>This is a post from Howiebuilt Read on!<br>Sr. Member<br><br>Newton , Iowa <br>Posts: 784<br><br><br><br>Wyld Stalyuns rock and Broncos are really just mustangs with a thyroid problem !<br> <br>WWW | E-Mail | Instant Message (Offline) Re:Naked women in EB<br>« Reply #12 on: 08/20/02 11:37 PM » | Reply with quote <br><br>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br>There is a right and left radius arm ...they don't interchange . You really can't tell until you put them side by side and look at them , but there is a difference ..................................you could have at least took a pic of a baby chicken driving your bronco ..................................or something <br> Report to moderator Logged <br><br>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br>Once you get past the fact that I'm crazy...we'll get along just fine...and remember , it's Howiebilt not howiebought ! <br><br>[/quote]<br><br>AMEN !!! I agree 100%. [YOU ARE CRAZY] ;D ;D ;D

OP
OP
Z

zeusakira

Loc.
Butler, PA
Ok I stood the radius arms on end on a flat table. One has a severere lean to it and the other is almost straight. I can't find an numbers on the caps and they appear identicle. Any other opinions out there?

welndmn

Bronco Guru
[quote author=zeusakira link=board=5;threadid=9012;start=15#65162 date=1032101083]<br>Ok I stood the radius arms on end on a flat table. One has a severere lean to it and the other is almost straight. I can't find an numbers on the caps and they appear identicle. Any other opinions out there?<br>[/quote]<br><br>LOL one sounds like its bent

howiebilt

Bronco Buddah
Loc.
Newton
I think maybe you are all the crazy ones and I'm the only sane person on this post ;D ;D ;D ;D I'll stick with ....... yep there is a left and a right and you folks can do what you like . ;D