• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Left and Right Radius Arms?

rulebreaker

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Manton MI
[quote author=howiebilt link=board=5;threadid=9012;start=15#65467 date=1032208122]<br>I think maybe you are all the crazy ones and I'm the only sane person on this post ;D ;D ;D ;D I'll stick with ....... yep there is a left and a right and you folks can do what you like . ;D<br>[/quote]I have been looking into this some more and have found that the arms have the same part# on them. Whats up with that? I still think there is a difference.

justinsane

Loc.
Casper, Wyoming
C6TA 3405A 13 GP drivers side<br>C6TA-3405-A 10 GP passenger side<br><br>I have absolutely no idea what that means. Couldn't find any numbers on the caps.<br><br>Where are the Bronco Gods??<br><br>Brian

rulebreaker

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Manton MI
[quote author=JustinSane link=board=5;threadid=9012;start=15#65742 date=1032285001]<br>C6TA 3405A 13 GP drivers side<br>C6TA-3405-A 10 GP passenger side<br><br>I have absolutely no idea what that means. Couldn't find any numbers on the caps.<br><br>Where are the Bronco Gods??<br><br>Brian<br>[/quote]Hey 67halfcab did you read this? You have two ps arms!

justinsane

Loc.
Casper, Wyoming
I found it kinda strange that one side had the dashes and the other didn't, like I typed it.<br><br>I added factory dual shocks from a 78 Bronco to my 77 F150. Thought I just needed the shock towers and the caps, wrong. Had to go back and get the coil pads and radius arms because the bolt pattern for the coil pad was different. Never noticed any left to right difference.<br><br>Hope someone can answer this.<br><br>Brian

77bronko

Loc.
Norfolk MA
I'm going go out on a limb and say this but I may be FOS. Sometimes when you are machining parts that will mate you will do them in matched sets(arms and caps). IE the machining of the mating surfaces and holes in the castings may have been done in sets to make sure everything fit together with the appropriate tolerances. Even though they are made be the same sometimes they wind up different. If this is the case sometimes they will be close enought fit together OK other times there will be slight differences. <br><br>Everyone knows ford had quality control issues, some people put on 7 degree bushings w/3.5" of lift and have plenty of castor, other times you barely have any.<br><br>So if they go together with no noticeableproblems your probably lucky. But a good portion of the time they are different enough to notice.