• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Let There Be Light!

Joker11

Loc.
Yuma, Arizona
I just installed my new 3G alternator from RAAAAAAAY.

That thing is badazzzzzz!!!

Solid voltage at the lowest possible cold start idle.
I had no flickering of the headlights at all! That was my biggest complaint about the old alternator. Wow. What a night and DAY difference.

I am so excited. I know it sounds kinda gay, but this was a big improvement.
now for some real offroad lights!

I don't think I am going to install any HID's or LED's. Not with the juice from this alternator. I might as well run som KC Daylighters and save the cash. WhoooHooooooo!!!!

OP
OP
Joker11

Joker11

Loc.
Yuma, Arizona
Now what to do....

The ammmeter just sits there sadly. I don't need an ammeter. I wonder if I could do that voltage meter conversion I saw someone else do???

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Now what to do....

The ammmeter just sits there sadly. I don't need an ammeter. I wonder if I could do that voltage meter conversion I saw someone else do???

That's the ticket. Nick posted some good pics and info in a thread not long ago. I'm changing mine soon.

PHARMIE

Not to highjack your thread but what would be a good upgrade if any for mine with a stock wiring harness ? Steven

OP
OP
Joker11

Joker11

Loc.
Yuma, Arizona
Not to highjack your thread but what would be a good upgrade if any for mine with a stock wiring harness ? Steven

The great thing about going with this 3G upgrade is that the output goes directly to the battery terminal. I am using a 4AWG cable. The factory output was like a 12AWG wire. The only wires connected to the bronco are the 12volts from IGNition on, and then the output cable. So you aren't really interfering with the factory harness. I just unplugged my harness and left it hanging there for emergency retro hookup. It may not be as clean as possible since I left it, but I won't be stranded in an emergency either.

PHARMIE

Sounds sweet im going to have to look a lil deeper into this mod.