• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Let's play.............What's the reserve?

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
That looks pretty nice. I am guessing you are in the right ballpark at $9k for a reserve. I dont understand why people dont give more detailed photos of vehicles, especially older ones when they list on ebay. Most people who might have interest would know what to look for and what the vehicle is worth if the sellers gave more detailed info and photos. I would bet the reserve is at least $8500 to maybe $10K. Could be worth it if it is all he claims. He has a few nice parts on it, so it may be well-card for. You ought to try to go look at it DUDE. Let us know what you find.

OP
OP
T

TXDude

I would love to head down and take a look. However, I am 3 hours away. I e-mailed her with some questions and she stated to me that she tried to sell it locally with no luck. I'm guessing she was asking a lot.

adunham

Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
When people see a high reserve, they don't bid. I think they figure if the reserve is high, then the final bid will only be higher, so what's the point? if the reserve is unknown, then there is always a chance for a steal, and that's the lure of an auction. If you've ever watched Barrett-Jackson, people seem to always be coaxed into bidding a little bit more - small incremental increases don't seem to be as taxing on the nerves as a large initial asking price. There was a comic strip called Becky (it might still be around, not sure); I read it one Sunday and the main character was agonizing over eating a whole cookie. She decided to break it into a bunch of small pieces and eat it over the course of a few minutes instead of all at once because in her mind she wouldn't take in as many calories that way. Strange but true - sometimes the mind works like that.
Even though its Ebay, there are some surpisingly low reserves from time to time. The funniest ones, however, are the auctions advertised as no reserve, but the seller sets the starting bid at a ridiculously high price anyway.

-aaron

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
I guess sixty five hundred.

And it's got me to thinking my half cab may be worth more than what I paid.

broncow72

Village Idiot
Loc.
Spring,TX.
I'm not an E-bay kinda person, so I can't post questions. If anyone can get a location, I might be willing to give it the "real world" once over, if wanted.

OP
OP
T

TXDude

I tried

My Uncle lives in Houston and I was going to send him down to take a look. I never got a contact number. I even tried to find the vehicle in the Houston classifieds.

broncow72

Village Idiot
Loc.
Spring,TX.
TXDude said:
My Uncle lives in Houston and I was going to send him down to take a look. I never got a contact number. I even tried to find the vehicle in the Houston classifieds.
Well, you got at least 2 guys willing to go look. Once you find out where it is, we can see who is closer. Plus, I wanna actually see one of these "collectibles" in person.

YelloTx73

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Katy/Galveston, TX
Looks pretty nice. Add a third to your list of people willing to go look, depending on where it is, as I only have the 73 to drive right now.

jimmymac

I might know where this truck is. If someone is really interested I will check and see if I can get a phone # at lunch. If you are not serious I don't want to waste my time.As for as checking out the truck I would not be the one for that.

ghost66

Bronco Guru
70 halfcab

I say you offer her whatever you feel you can afford for the truck contingent on having it looked at by one of the guys here that offered. If it were me I would offer 5500.00 and test the water. If the Bronco is a rust bucket the you have an out.

texashcane

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Argyle, TX
Directions from the seller

2907 Ella Lee Ln, Houston, Texas 77019. Red and White Bronco one-half cab parked on South side of Ella Lee two to three houses West of Kirby Drive betweeen Westheimer to the South and San Felipe to the North

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'd bet they are wanting $9,000 to $10,000 for it. It looks really nice. It also depends on the region's market. Are there a lot of Bronco's in TX and how well do they sale?

OP
OP
T

TXDude

I would hate

to have someone go take a look if she is asking 9K. The most I want to spend on a bronco at this time is $5500. It is unfortunate there was no number on the for sale sign.

I still think she wants $$$$ because she didn't sell it locally.

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
Sale Bronco

Ok You Didnt Like My Deal In Mansfield, Tx. The There Is A Guy In Stephenville Car Lot Is Called " J 7 Vehicle Sales " 254..968..2222...
....he Has 3 On His Lot ...now Let Me Say This Guy Has Good Stuff With An Aiditude Or He "grumpy" But He Has Extra Good Stuff....
One Is Yellow And A Red One And A Brown One............
..pa Pitt............

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Papitt,

Can you get us some pics of the ones at the car lot in Stephensville? :D

Blue71