• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Lift Gate

VTBRNCO

Loc.
Vermont
Anyone using one of the various Hydraulic Liftgate Supports? Happy with it? My stocks ones rattle and are a pain for folks not familiar with how they work(up all they way then back to stay open!).
Do they install pretty easy? Use the same mounts/holes etc. as the stock setup? Look pretty basic to me. Just trying to get some been there done that opinions before I drop the cash.
Who did folks buy from - see them at most shops for similiar price.
Thanks as always!

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
I got mine from JBG. I still believe that it is one of the best mods I have ever made. ~$60 for the kit. Just for the satisfaction of dismembering the old liftgate supports (they left one knot too many on my head), I removed them with a sawzall. New ones bolted right in. I didn't even have time to finish my second cold one before I finished. Total time invested ~30 minutes.

Past_Miner

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I got a set of hood struts off of a mid '90s Taurus at the local salvage yard for $10 and bolted them in place. One of the kits might have been easier, but this was cheap.

77BroncoWag

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Do they install pretty easy? Use the same mounts/holes etc. as the stock setup? Look pretty basic to me. Just trying to get some been there done that opinions before I drop the cash.

took me like 15 min. Yep the ones I got used all the existing holes. Got mine from the guy off ebay(member of a EB club in California just don't remember which one).

77BroncoWag

Contributor
Bronco Guru
77BroncoWag said:
took me like 15 min. Yep the ones I got used all the existing holes. Got mine from the guy off ebay(member of a EB club in California just don't remember which one).

oh yeah mine was like 55 dollars w/shipping:)

c2computer

Loc.
Castle Rock, CO
I got mine from Tom's Bronco Parts, I agree with the others in this post, one of the better mods.

All I need now is to figure out how to get the thing to stop rattling while driving in the dirt.