• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Lift Hieght

bdrake1

Loc.
texarkana
MY BRONCO HAD A LIFT WHEN I BOUGHT IT BUT NOT SURE WHAT SIZE.CAN YOU COUNT THE COILS.HOW DO YOU TELL?AND ALSO WHERE IS THE BEST PLACE TO GET A 5.5 LIFT.I WANT TO RUN 40 TIRES

md_lucky_13

Loc.
Idaho
I do not know the measurement, but I would assume you can measure your coils to get the approximate amount of lift. If you get a chance, measure them and post it back here: someone will probably have the answer.

With 5.5 inches of lift I doubt you will be able to clear 40" tires. Not to mention that you are going to need to beef up your axles, drivelines, dana 20 output shaft, and basically everything else in the drive-train.

If you are only planning on using this as a street rig, you might be able to make 5.5 inches of lift work. You also might be able to get away with 40"s without having to do a whole lot of work to the drive-train: just drive with a very light foot. If you do go 40"s, you should probably upgrade at least the brakes and ring and pinion gears: what year bronco is it? A later model with a 44 will hold up much better then an early model with a 30. Either way, I think 40s will definentally be a little much for a stock drive-train on anything other then pavement.