• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Lift Kit Question

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
I am considering putting a new 3.5" lift on my 67. My current lift is a pieced together set up I have been tweeking for years. I have like new progressive front coils maker unknown, old Rancho(5000?) shocks, stock rear HD springs with add a leafs and blocks all new bushings and bolts. The truck rides ok but the front coils are a little soft for street driving as the truck leans really bad in corners and nose dives when I hit the brakes. It also has the dreaded bronco lean to the passenger side.

I was considering Wild Horses 3.5" lift with the bilstien shocks, but then I compared it to the Bronco Graveyard Long travel kit and it is $300 less! I know both vendors sell quality products and have purchased from both with no complaints but I live on the east coast so shipping also is a factor. Any feed back? I also was considering a new 2.5" kit for my wifes truck that will be only driven on the street. My 67 will see mainly street use but I am hoping to get off road again in the next few years. I have heard only good things about the WH kit anyone have any input on the JBG kit? I bought a lift kit from JBG years ago and it seemed good but only drove it 100 miles before I sold the truck.

dave67fd

Bronco Guru
If you have front progressives and are fairly new maybe just toss the Ranchos as well as the rear blocks and add a leafs. If still too soft you can always swap the front springs out later on.
The Bronco lean can occur when changing to a softer spring and/or your "C" bushings need to be replaced or re-aligned if new.
http://www.wildhorses4x4.com/product/bronco_lean/tech_faq

OP
OP
ep67bro

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
dave thanks for the input. All the bushings are kind of new on the truck with maybe 1,000 miles on them. It could be that the lean in the front is due to an issue with the way I installed the c bushings. I guess I could try just doing the rear springs and swapping the shocks. Since I don't need brake lines, ebrake cables, or track bar brackets since I already have all this installed. Guess I have to price some springs.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
I would go with a Wild Horses' or Duff's kit. I pieced my suspension together and wish I'd done a kit.

jmangi62

Bronco Guru
My vote is Wild Horses all the way for suspension stuff,I have the 5.5in lift from them that I kinda pieced together by buying one piece at a time,no regrets whatsoever,excellent parts,good luck,:cool:

doghows72

Bronco Guru
Go wild horses with the bilsteins. You won't regret it. I just did the 2.5 with the bilstien shocks and it rides better than my wife's 4 Runner. She's pissed and want my bronco now.

savage

Contributor
Bronco Nut
Loc.
Renton
X-2 on WH for suspension stuff, I have the 3.5 inch coils up front and the ride is great.

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
X3 on the WH/Bilstiens, about the best all around ride for a bronco I have seen from stock to modified, if you are a street cruiser with the occasional off road two track, the WH kit is the way to go. If you are going to crawl and spend more time off road then go to a real off road suspension with longer arms etc. I do not think there is a true in between do all out there. This is why we must have a different bronco for the day... women have there shoes, we can have our broncos. :)