• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Lift Kit question

Deezel_dusten

Loc.
Walla Walla, Wa
Hey all, I have a question. When i bought my bronco, it had a set of 3.5" james duff front coils and blocks in the rear with stock springs. I wanted to ditch the blocks, so i bought a used set of 4"(so i was told) rear skyjacker leaves from a member on here. The rear is now sitting quite a bit above the front, looks like almost 1.5", so i am thinking they were a 5" spring. Any idea on how to level it? I cant seem to find a place that sells just the front coils(its possible i am just retarded though). Any ideas would be appreciated.

OP
OP
D

Deezel_dusten

Loc.
Walla Walla, Wa
yeha, but they are all 5.5" coils. Since i dont know exactly what springs i have in the rear, i was hoping to find some skyjacker coils. But havent been able to. I may give up and buy another set of friggin leaves.

Socal Tom

Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Diego, CA
If you want to keep the fillings in your teeth you'll go with something besides skyjacker.
If it helps the stock height EB has 6.5 to 7 inches between the axle and the frame at the front axle. Measure the lift you've got to figure out what it really is. Don't sweat a 1/2 inch, your lift will vary more than that when you fill the tank with gas, or have extra passengers.
Tom

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Check out BC broncos site he can hook you up with the correct coils but measure from the top of your rear axle tube to the bottom of your frame the amount above 6 in is the amount of your rear lift.
I used to run Skyjacker rear springs The ride was excellant in fact probably better than my BC rears I have now. only problem with the Skyjackers was I cracked a leaf did the same thing with the old stock ones to hoping the BC dont crack.

OP
OP
D

Deezel_dusten

Loc.
Walla Walla, Wa
Well, i measured, they are 5" leaves. I couldnt seem to find any 5" coils other than Skyjacker. BC's were 5.5, wildhorses too. Duff's is 5.5". I may just go 5.5 up front and deal with a slight rake, at least it wont be as bad as the 1.5" of rake i have now.

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
Put a jack under the front bumper and jack it up until it looks like you want it to look as far as leveling out the ride. Then measure from the top of the axle to the frame, straight up and next to the bump stop. If it measures 9.5 you need 2.5 inch lift coils, 10.5 would be 3.5 inch lift coils, etc.

It is not safe to assume that you need five inch lift coils based on a figured rear lift amount.

If you get the coil springs from BC Broncos and after putting them on do not like the look, you can send them back for another lift size and just pay for shipping, both ways, as long as you don't scratch them up. If you do scratch them up a little I think it's an extra twenty bucks. Other vendors might do the same thing and it wouldn't hurt to ask at Wild Horses, Cage or any of the others you might be considering.

OP
OP
D

Deezel_dusten

Loc.
Walla Walla, Wa
the reason i assume i have 5" rear leaves is because of the measurement i took a little while ago. Stock is 6" from axle to frame, i have 11". I have 3.5" coils up front, i may just look around for 3.5" rear leaves, as i dont really want my bronco that tall.