• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Lift off hinges alinement

powers4680

I recently put the lift off hinges on my bronco. I was able to get the top gaps pretty close. The problem is on both doors at the bottom flair out exactly the same way. Any tricks on lining them up?

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
open the door a smidge then loosen your bottom hinge and grab the door at the back where your door handle is at the top and push the bottom towards the center of the vehicle. Its kinda like your trying to twist the door so it pushes that bottom hinge in closer towards the inner edge of your door post. You may need an extra hand when doing this. They can hold it in position while you tighten your bolts back up... good luck

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
the other way that might work is pop the door off, put a straight steel rod through the holes. Loosen that bottom hinge plate so it'll move just barely when you tap it. Tap it so it moves towards the center of the car. Might be easier if your by yourself. Put door back on and repeat if necessary until you get that bottom hinge in the right spot.