• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Lift size question

lil red

Loc.
San Antonio, TX
About to pull my body off and get serious about the build. I want to do the mod to the back fenders using the lips off a set of front fenders. Here is a pic of one I have seen.
4b01c229-c63e-ce42.jpg

I have the wheels and tires already. American racing AR23s (15x10) wrapped with 35x12.5s.

My plan was to do a 5 1/2" suspension lift with extended radius arms and dual shocks all around.

I just wanted to get advice on if this will work. Any foreseen issues with rubbing, etc. I won't do any heavy wheeling, mainly just a weekend toy!

Thanks for the help!

Archbronco

Contributor
I am curious to hear an answer on this. I like the look of the fender flares.

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Bump. Anyone?%)

5.5" of lift with long arms shouldn't give you any issues with rubbing with 35" tires.

Whats your backspacing on the rims? 3.5"?

P.S. next time don't post such a sweet pic - we're easily distracted :p

OP
OP
lil red

lil red

Loc.
San Antonio, TX
5.5" of lift with long arms shouldn't give you any issues with rubbing with 35" tires.

Whats your backspacing on the rims? 3.5"?

P.S. next time don't post such a sweet pic - we're easily distracted :p

Sorry about the pic. I figured that out looking at the responses.

Backspacing on the wheels is 3.77". Thanks.

Heus33

Bronco Guru
I'm 99% sure you'll be more than fine with that setup. I'm running 3.5"SL and 2" BL with 35x12.5s with 3.5" BS (so mine will stick out a little farther). I've got a fiberglass body wtih larger flares but I dont ever expect the wheels to contact the fenders.

you should def. be fine i got 37 12.5 tsl on 15x8 wheels 5.5" lift w/ 1.5 body lift i rub the radius arms just a bit in full clock